Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Graves exhaust insert

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

Graves exhaust insert Empty
PostSubject: Graves exhaust insert   Graves exhaust insert EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 10:19 pm

Has anyone tried one and some feedback please or just save for the Q4. Figured the cheap route to open stocker may let her breath a bit. Hate the exhaust shield though.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Graves exhaust insert   Graves exhaust insert EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 11:22 pm

I had one on my WRX when I bought it. It sounded really nice. I don't know how much louder or "flowy-er" it is compared to the stock exhaust tip since (as I said) it was already on my exhaust when I got my bike.

That said, I now have a Q4 and it is louder. I'm not sure how much better the Q4 is over the Graves Hi-Flo insert since I did "all the mods" at the same time, so while I saw a difference, it was not only due to the exhaust change.

It is expensive for "just the tip", but does give the stock can a nice bark.
That said, I'd save up your pennies and go with the Q4.

Graves exhaust insert IMG_20130325_164849
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Graves exhaust insert   Graves exhaust insert EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 11:44 pm

Was thinking it wouldn't be hard at all for me to fab one up and give it a try. Could bend a piece of conduit and weld it inside a flange and bolt it up. May go this route first. Think a QC4 is in store for summer. Very happy Does the cover not fit anymore?
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Graves exhaust insert   Graves exhaust insert EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 11:20 am

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
Was thinking it wouldn't be hard at all for me to fab one up and give it a try. Could bend a piece of conduit and weld it inside a flange and bolt it up. May go this route first. Think a QC4 is in store for summer. Very happy Does the cover not fit anymore?

hmm... i have a gsxr muffler i am dumping on the klr ... but would like to do "something" to the wr exhaust.. if you do the tip mode will you be posting up any pictures? here spark arrestors are not highly regulated..will you need to put something there that "looks" like a spark arrester?

Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Graves exhaust insert   Graves exhaust insert EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 9:30 pm

Spark arrestor got cut out the first year trying to open it up a little.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graves exhaust insert   Graves exhaust insert Empty

Back to top Go down

Graves exhaust insert
Page 1 of 1