Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
doc_simple

doc_simple

Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube Empty
PostSubject: Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube   Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 5:33 pm

I just bought a Works Connection Aluminum throttle tube and I think I may have wasted some money. IN order to use it I would need to slice off the end and file it so I can mount my hand guards. Also it says I need to lube the inside on a regular basis. I may just not know jack about this (yes) but I saw the G2 with the delrin insert and it does not need to be greased because of the insert, yes?
My understanding is this will already have the end cut off so I could save myself some maintenance if i pony up and get one.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube   Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 7:57 pm

If you have wrap around hand guards you wated your money and now you have to keep it lubed or it will slowly grind the handle bar down.

Those are for racers who dont like wrap around hand guards as the aluminum throttle tube wont break when you drop the bike.
Back to top Go down
doc_simple

doc_simple

PostSubject: Re: Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube   Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Biglake wrote:
If you have wrap around hand guards you wated your money and now you have to keep it lubed or it will slowly grind the handle bar down.

Those are for racers who dont like wrap around hand guards as the aluminum throttle tube wont break when you drop the bike.

That's what I was thinking too. Do you know if the G2 needs the grease to not hurt the handlebars?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube   Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 5:48 pm

The G2 does not need lube, thats the point of the delrin bushing.

I had one on my old gasgas, it was on it when I bought it, it lasted me a few years and is still going with no maitance or cleaning at all, I seen the bike last summer.

Unless you want a quicker or slower turning throttle theres no point in changing the stock throttle tube when running wrap around hand guards, its just not going to break.
Back to top Go down
doc_simple

doc_simple

PostSubject: Re: Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube   Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Biglake wrote:

Unless you want a quicker or slower turning throttle theres no point in changing the stock throttle tube when running wrap around hand guards, its just not going to break.

So hopefully you get a chuckle from this. I bought new $10 grips. Because of the $10 grips I bought $100 in new handlebars and $40 in a new throttle tube. The tube won't work so now I am looking at getting $80-100 in new throttle tube. I might try to find that R6 tube and give it a try though. Seems cheap and gets the same results.

Plus I can put my $5 worth of grip on it thumb
Back to top Go down
doc_simple

doc_simple

PostSubject: Re: Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube   Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:31 am

is this the right part?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motion-Pro-Nylon-Throttle-Tube-Sleeves-Yamaha-YZF-R6-2003-2005-/271758942397?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6393

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube   Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube Empty

Back to top Go down

Works Connection Aluminum Throttle Tube
Page 1 of 1