Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Safari Tank Dump Tube connection

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kabulpostie

Safari Tank Dump Tube connection Empty
PostSubject: Safari Tank Dump Tube connection   Safari Tank Dump Tube connection EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 3:10 pm

Hey there,
Just bought a Safari tank on e-bay and it was missing a bunch of stuff. I have figured out most of it, but I can't figure out where the Pickup Pump Outlet Hose attaches to the vacuum pump:

My Tank and  hoses

What it should look like:

I don't see a place on my pump to attach anything to, nor would I be able to reach in there to do anything with it..Feeling like I just got an e-bay deal that is going to to cost me more than if I had just bit the bullet in the first place
Back to top Go down
beee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Tank Dump Tube connection   Safari Tank Dump Tube connection EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 11:52 am

You might want to try contacting safari direct they will be the most knowledgeable.

On my over sized tank the way it works is the 2 hoses pull from the low points of the tank just as you have it shown in the diagram and then go to to the vacuum pump.

From the vacuum pump "out" the hose goes to the Yamaha fuel pump assembly. If I remember right you ziptie the line to the fuel pump assembly that way the tank vacuum pumps drop the fuel right next to the yamaha pickup point. Hope that made sense.
Back to top Go down
kabulpostie

PostSubject: Re: Safari Tank Dump Tube connection   Safari Tank Dump Tube connection EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Thanks for the reply, I managed to figure it out and get everything working.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Tank Dump Tube connection   Safari Tank Dump Tube connection Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Tank Dump Tube connection
Page 1 of 1