Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR taco in diagnostic mode?

Go down 
+23
Jäger
Toddwr250r
WRRSam
angelWR
Ozy
Max Pwr
SheWolf
willcp00
Chadx
john92
INSTIGATOR
dugsgms
georgis4
sswrx
WRoldman
dirtytrixx400
Chrispy1200
0007onWR
YZEtc
mwakey
MeefZah
craigq
lancek
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:26 am

Thanks very much!!! I was getting ready to plunk down some dough to fix the off idle flat spot, so Im really hoping to fixes it!!!
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:03 am

Sorry to drag up an old thread but it's new to me.... taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 93746

I've just played around with the Co settings and to tell the truth I didn't notice anything different on the road, only at idle +/- 30. I started off at 4 then 10 and went to 15 without any change.... taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 29721

How can you find out what the factory setting is supposed to be? Mine was set on 4 but as I purchased a used bike I don't know if the previous owner has changed it. I've noticed reading this thread that factory settings have ranged from -7 through to 4 .....

Bike has stock pipe and no AIS or airbox mods done.....yet taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 810411

Cheers,

Mark.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:01 am

Mine was set at 3 right out of the crate.

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:13 am

My stock setting is 4 taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 61865
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:08 pm

SheWolf wrote:

georgis4 wrote:

So what are you guys running now?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:00 am

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 3:26 am

Ozy wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

georgis4 wrote:

So what are you guys running now?
Ι was running it with 14 but cant say i noticed any deference taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 986936
I think we have to adjust at 20 or 30+ from stock and see...
at the moment i use the stock one 4
Back to top Go down
angelWR

angelWR

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:10 pm

My stock setting, -6. Running for a few months at 15, now at 1. I notice no difference except for the variation of revolutions.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:27 am

After reading in a magazine that adjusting the CO setting only effects the first 12% of the throtte I was reinspired to go ahead with it. I went from the stock setting of 3 to 25. See my mods below (I have also opened up the airbox) I am not running a programer as I have an O2 sensor.
After my first ride I noitaced a huge diffrence. It weelies easily now all the way up in 1st and 2nd and in 3rd with a strong pull on the bars. I also noitaced the off idle stumble that use to happen when cold was gone. While idling in first moving sheep I noitaced it will go up a slight hill with no throttle it could only do this on flat befor. But the best thing was when i rode it on my very tight single track it was so much faster comming out of corners.
In fact I think this mod did as much for my bike as the GYTR pipe. Now has any one figured out how to keep the tach on the screen?
Back to top Go down
Toddwr250r

Toddwr250r

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:27 pm

any one remember where to find the list of diag codes?
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Seen in the service manual
Back to top Go down
Toddwr250r

Toddwr250r

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:33 pm

Jäger wrote:
Seen in the service manual
thanx
Back to top Go down
Just Bob

Just Bob

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Bumping this thread - Good info. I've got the FMF programmer and will try tweaking the CO and report back. Currently buried in snow so it will be awhile.
Back to top Go down
2008wr250r

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:00 pm

hello everyone! ive been reading through this forum as a quest user... might be a little off topic but i noticed a user say that sensor values and actuators can be controlled in the diag mode. havent done any searching for a thread but would anyone be able to post on here or pm me what the button commands would be to access these different controls.

btw. upstate NY! stock setting for CO was -1.

in the process of deleting my flapper, and ais system. gonna ramp it up a little bit and check back with my thoughts
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:51 am

Old thread, but i just picked up a 2008 wrx so I am learning... I tried the Co adjustment yesterday. I have fmf q4 pipe, opened up airbox, ais removed, and fmf programmer. I noticed a pretty bad dead or flat spot just off idle. If I am riding hard I don't notice it, but when cruising I definitely do. And when cold it almost stalls when I ease on the throttle. I have been playing with the pp to improve this, but i think the answer lies in this C1 adjustment. Mine was set to -11. It had a slightly rough idle. I bumped it up to 0 and the idle really smoothed out. Also I didn't see it posted but the max is + 126 and the min is -128. At the max it would run, but had a strong smell of fuel in the exhaust. At min it stalled immediately. I have not had a chance to ride yet, so I don't know what difference it made.

This is my first fuel injected bike, so I am a little overwhelmed by all the adjustments and settings to play with!
Back to top Go down
Von551

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 1:28 pm

so i messed around with my C1 setting recently and couldn't really tell a difference, even when go up to +25 or down to -25 while riding. I assume I would want my bike to be more rich since these bikes come lean from the factory to pass emissions. I have mine set at +25 right now because I couldn't tell much of a difference and I had a trip up to Mammoth where I knew it needed to be more rich for the elevation. I live in SoCal and my stock setting was 0. I don't have any mods on my bike, just want it to be snappier off the bottom end. Anyone else have any input on what settings help? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR taco in diagnostic mode?   taco - WR taco in diagnostic mode? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

WR taco in diagnostic mode?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4