Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zimmy580

wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer? Empty
PostSubject: wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer?   wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:52 pm

Has anyone used the Yoshi pipe with the FMF programmer . Just wondering because I have the pipe and trying to stay on the cheap side with a programmer and FMF looks Like my only option as I only want to spend 200 or less. Just need sum kinda feed back before I buy. thanks for your time
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Re: wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer?   wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:12 am

There are several branded versions of the Dobeck or "FMF" programmer, these include but may not be limited to TwoBrothers, EJK, and Wiseco. Heres an example of the wiseco controller, see you have other options lol
"3 basic zones of operation, similar to carburetors"

But just like the Dobeck unit apparently there are other branded versions of the powerCommander FC as well. The FC is an in-between programmer, operating similarly to the PCIII  plus some, though it does not offer timing advance or other add-ons.
This is what my bike has: juice box pro.
Not sure if this is still a selling point but this can remove fuel - "leaner than stock as much as -100%"
This unit can/does use both powercommander III and V maps, there currently are about 12 maps on the powercommander site including one for a 290 kit, but none specifically for a yoshi exhaust. However I bet that the map for the two bros or FMF would get you just as close as the fmf/dobeck programmer could. There are also maps that PC-III and PC-V users can share.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer?   wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 7:58 am

Fuel programmers can't tell what kind of pipe you have.

So get what you want, and enjoy.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
zimmy580

PostSubject: Re: wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer?   wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 8:35 am

i just have pipe on now and it runs pretty lean i guess i just need to know if fmf programmer can fix that and make it run not so lean
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer?   wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:06 am

zimmy580 wrote:
i just have pipe on now and it runs pretty lean i guess i just need to know if fmf programmer can fix that and make it run not so lean

Yes - the FmF programmer can do that. It adds fuel. In fact that's the only thing the standard FmF type programmers do. They can't take away, they only add.

Your Yoshi pipe is really no different than a FmF, Leo Vince, HMF, Delta Barrel, or anything else.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer?   wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 4:38 pm

I have the yoshi pipe and the fmf programmer, not a problem at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer?   wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer? Empty

Back to top Go down

wr250x Yoshi rs2 pipe with FMF programmer?
Page 1 of 1