Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF programmer concerns

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zimmy580

FMF programmer concerns Empty
PostSubject: FMF programmer concerns   FMF programmer concerns EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:27 pm

OK so I just installed FMF programmer in my 250x and have a few questions. When I start up bike programmer just flashes green wondering if that is normal and when driving and I let off throttle it will flash green and red untill I give it throttle it will change and depending on how much throttle it will go from green to red but letting of it will just flash green in #1 and red in #8 what does that mean
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer concerns   FMF programmer concerns EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 6:12 am

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
zimmy580

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer concerns   FMF programmer concerns EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 7:51 am

its set up correctly just not sure why when im driving it flashes green on #1 and red on #8 when let off the throttle
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer concerns   FMF programmer concerns EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 8:09 am

Does it almost act like a tachometer when on the throttle?

Do the lights come on sequentially across the programmer as the rpm's rise?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
zimmy580

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer concerns   FMF programmer concerns EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 8:12 am

yes it does that but when you let of throttle to flashes green in #1 and red in #8 untill u give i thottle the lights will rise or fall depending on how much throttle is given.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer concerns   FMF programmer concerns EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:18 am

Mine does that too. It just indicates that you are off throttle and engine braking. I think it may change the mixture so you don't get that decel popping, but not sure about that.
Back to top Go down
zimmy580

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer concerns   FMF programmer concerns EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:21 am

ok awesome!! thanks for the reply
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer concerns   FMF programmer concerns EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:34 am

zimmy580 wrote:
OK so I just installed FMF programmer in my 250x and have a few questions. When I start up bike programmer just flashes green wondering if that is normal and when driving and I let off throttle it will flash green and red untill I give it throttle it will change and depending on how much throttle it will go from green to red but letting of it will just flash green in #1 and red in #8 what does that mean

It means you aren't paying attention to the trail/road.

lol!
Back to top Go down
zimmy580

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer concerns   FMF programmer concerns EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 10:39 am

ill remember that for next time when im going down a dead end road going 10 mph cheers
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer concerns   FMF programmer concerns EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 8:27 pm

I have no idea what mine is doing while I ride. It's under my seat....
Back to top Go down
zimmy580

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer concerns   FMF programmer concerns EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 8:54 pm

I see yeah I mounted mine so I can see on side below handle bars and made a waterproof case
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer concerns   FMF programmer concerns EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 9:09 pm

zimmy580 wrote:
ill remember that for next time when im going down a dead end road going 10 mph cheers

Most of my get offs have been at low speed... because I wasn't paying attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF programmer concerns   FMF programmer concerns Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF programmer concerns
Page 1 of 1