Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FI power consumption

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
matttys

matttys

FI power consumption Empty
PostSubject: FI power consumption   FI power consumption EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:15 am

What is the power consumption by the bike in stock form? With a 350w alternator I'm curious as to what the stock FI draws and how much is left over for aux add-ons.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: FI power consumption   FI power consumption EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:33 pm

Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: FI power consumption   FI power consumption EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:07 pm

mwakey wrote:
Total output = 350 watts

headlight = 55w low beam and 60w high beam
turn signals = 21w front and 21w rear, for a total of 42w when signals are on.
running lights front = 10w
license plate light = 5w
There is no watt spec for the LED taillight or the LED idiot lights and meter readout, but figure in a few watts for them and the other relays etc...

Also consider the fact that this is an EFI system and TCI system.

I saw your post there, I just didn't know if anyone had a solid number on the EFI and TCI systems?
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: FI power consumption   FI power consumption EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:45 pm

Sorry, I can't find any info on what the pump draws. What exactly do you want to add on? The system should take the load of most accessories. Ask SheWolf. I think she has every heated accessory they make including a heated seat, not to mention a power inverter for a compressor. Haven't heard her complain about any power problems.
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: FI power consumption   FI power consumption EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 7:42 am

mwakey wrote:
What exactly do you want to add on? The system should take the load of most accessories.

I'm not thinking I will have any problems either with the power, but I just like to be on the safe side.

I am selling my DR350 and F650Dakar and will transfering most of the goodies from those bikes to the WRR. . . Gerbings heated jacket, heated grips, gps, (2) 10w LED driving lights, datel voltmeter. I will be able to monitor the system through the voltmeter and I don't usually run all my accessories at once.

Last edited by matttys on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: FI power consumption   FI power consumption EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 9:33 am

Hi Matt,

I think we're good. See post #7661:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329337&page=511

Sarah
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: FI power consumption   FI power consumption EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 9:41 am

greer wrote:
Hi Matt,

I think we're good. See post #7661:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329337&page=511

Sarah

That's what I was hoping to hear. Anyways, I figure if you have a voltmeter you can always keep tabs on it.

Thanks Sarah!

PS. Are you riding WRR to the TT3 this year?
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: FI power consumption   FI power consumption EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 9:50 am

Hadn't thought that far ahead yet....

Best of luck with the bike sales and shopping. I think you'll like the WRR.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FI power consumption   FI power consumption Empty

Back to top Go down

FI power consumption
Page 1 of 1