Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Need to pass sound check

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jbwi112

Need to pass sound check Empty
PostSubject: Need to pass sound check   Need to pass sound check EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:41 pm

Ok new wr250r owner here wings
Bike was already modded when I bought it, only thing I did was 52t rear, $90 rivet type DID chain scratch , and old android phone for spedo correction.

I am signed up for the Wabeno Ride for Research and this is posted on there website: Max sound level=96 decibels. On premise sound testing will occur.

I really doubt the yoshi exhaust will pass... Am I wrong?

If the yoshi wont pass what can I do to use the stock exhaust for just this ride?

would I need to change the fmf programmer?

Wr250r by far the funnest bike to drive ever

Need to pass sound check 20150513

Need to pass sound check 20150515
Need to pass sound check 20150516
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: Need to pass sound check   Need to pass sound check EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:16 am

Love the Android Phone Speedo wings
What app is that?

good luck on passing the noise test.

Hey, just thought of this, add some steel wool to the spark arr ester then take it out after the test deal
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Need to pass sound check   Need to pass sound check EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:32 am

TwoBuells wrote:

Hey, just thought of this, add some steel wool to the spark arr ester then take it out after the test deal

Really....? And make sure nobody gets to ride there in the future...?

-----------------------------

Look into how they meassure, from which distance and angle, and get a Db app for your phone, it will be pretty close. I dont know your exhaust first hand, but perhaps you're able to take it apart and make it more quiter, use a smaller end-tip, og have a friend weld a small washer to the db-killer, making the exithole (hihi) smaller.

But perhaps you should just try the stock exhaust, it wont "hurt" the bike in any way.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Need to pass sound check   Need to pass sound check EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:56 am

You should be able to buy a quiet core for the yosh pipe, it will pass easily then.
If you cant get a yosh quiet core, measure the inner dia of the pipe and get that size db dawg, they work good at making loud pipes quieter.

If you put the stock pipe on change the 2nd and 3rd settings on your programmer, lower the 2nd setting to 2 and put the 3rd one on .5 if it isnt there already. You can leave the rest of them alone.
You still have the stock head pipe so the stock muffler will bolt right on, just forget about the exup and dont try to hook it back up, its open when unhooked.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: Need to pass sound check   Need to pass sound check EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:57 am

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
TwoBuells wrote:

Really....? And make sure nobody gets to ride there in the future...?

-----------------------------

Look into how they meassure, from which distance and angle, and get a Db app for your phone, it will be pretty close. I dont know your exhaust first hand, but perhaps you're able to take it apart and make it more quiter, use a smaller end-tip, og have a friend weld a small washer to the db-killer, making the exithole (hihi) smaller.

But perhaps you should just try the stock exhaust, it wont "hurt" the bike in any way.

Yup, stock exhaust for the day would be best and easiest
Back to top Go down
jbwi112

PostSubject: Re: Need to pass sound check   Need to pass sound check EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:09 am

Biglake wrote:
You should be able to buy a quiet core for the yosh pipe, it will pass easily then.
If you cant get a yosh quiet core, measure the inner dia of the pipe and get that size db dawg, they work good at making loud pipes quieter.

If you put the stock pipe on change the 2nd and 3rd settings on your programmer, lower the 2nd setting to 2 and put the 3rd one on .5 if it isnt there already. You can leave the rest of them alone.
You still have the stock head pipe so the stock muffler will bolt right on, just forget about the exup and dont try to hook it back up, its open when unhooked.

Perfect I will run the stock pipe for events. I never looked at the stock pipe much but noticed there are cables coming off it... can they be removed or need to be cut? Is the exup held open by a spring? I noticed some people remove the exup completely from the pipe, maybe a waste of time?
Back to top Go down
jbwi112

PostSubject: Re: Need to pass sound check   Need to pass sound check EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:21 am

TwoBuells wrote:
Love the Android Phone Speedo wings
What app is that?

good luck on passing the noise test.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mrchops.android.digihud&hl=en
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Need to pass sound check   Need to pass sound check EmptySun May 10, 2015 7:20 pm

jbwi112 wrote:

Perfect I will run the stock pipe for events. I never looked at the stock pipe much but noticed there are cables coming off it... can they be removed or need to be cut? Is the exup held open by a spring? I noticed some people remove the exup completely from the pipe, maybe a waste of time?

You can remove the cables pretty easy its only a nut holding them on and the exup stays open when the cables are removed with its built in spring.

Some guys have cut the exup out of the pipe but I think its a waste of time its not hurting the exhaust flow when open near as much as the baffles in the muffler.
Back to top Go down
martin_nj

PostSubject: Re: Need to pass sound check   Need to pass sound check EmptyMon May 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Just FYI - the last few rides that have all that dB stuff on their websites never actually follow through with the testing.

It is just there to please the people whose land you're riding on.

That being said, these guys might actually test... In which case, email the organizer and ask for a "pretest". A month earlier and you'll know just how far off you are.

Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Need to pass sound check   Need to pass sound check EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:46 pm

Do it, but not to pass the test, but to please the landovners and the neighbours, so youre able to ride there again next year. :)
Back to top Go down
jbwi112

PostSubject: Re: Need to pass sound check   Need to pass sound check EmptyThu May 21, 2015 9:50 pm

I just put the stock pipe back on, then change fmf programmer settings

2nd setting was at 3

3 setting was at 5

Thats seems awful rich compared to what others are running, the bike hauls at WOT so should I leave the just 3rd setting on 5 if I run the yoshi pipe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need to pass sound check   Need to pass sound check Empty

Back to top Go down

Need to pass sound check
Page 1 of 1