Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR to WRX conversion kick stand

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
beer goggle

beer goggle

WRR to WRX conversion kick stand Empty
PostSubject: WRR to WRX conversion kick stand   WRR to WRX conversion kick stand EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 6:48 am

Ok, so I'm going to bite the bullet and order some Warp 9 SM rims for my WRR. I realise that the WRR stand is about 1.5 inches longer than the WRX version, meaning the bike will stand more upright when parked.

My question to those that have also gone SM....what did you do with the stand? Did you cut it shorter or get the X version? Seems a hassle switching the stand as well as the wheels.

Would cutting 3/4's of an inch off the R stand be the ultimate compromise?

Grateful for any feedback. Cheers thumb
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Re: WRR to WRX conversion kick stand   WRR to WRX conversion kick stand EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 1:59 pm

I think taking 3/4 of an inch off would be fine for most surfaces. I also don't think it would be too hard to design an adjustable kick stand, either have the foot end of the stand slide up and down with notches or have 2 different length ends to swap out.
Back to top Go down
Rushblur

Rushblur

PostSubject: Re: WRR to WRX conversion kick stand   WRR to WRX conversion kick stand EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 12:24 pm

Spend the dough and save the trouble by getting an x side stand from cheapcycleparts or similar for $50.  Then you still have the R stand with the R wheels.  I use my X wheels for commuting and swap out the R for weekend fun.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: WRR to WRX conversion kick stand   WRR to WRX conversion kick stand EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 6:04 pm

blusmoke, like your thinking, thanks thumb

rushblur, after spending $1k whats another 50? I think you're onto something. I'm not keen on switching the kickstand every time I switch rims, however, I've recently had very little time to hit the trails so mainly pavement riding. I could get an X stand, keep it on the bike and find a tree to perch the bike when on the trails using the R rims.

First I need to order some Warp9's wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRR to WRX conversion kick stand   WRR to WRX conversion kick stand Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR to WRX conversion kick stand
Page 1 of 1