Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

California wr250r skid plate - Finally!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PC_Moto

California wr250r skid plate - Finally! Empty
PostSubject: California wr250r skid plate - Finally!   California wr250r skid plate - Finally! EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:50 pm

When I purchased my wrr last year, the first thing I wanted to get on it was a skid plate. I quickly found out that wasn't going to be easy since it had the fuel canister protruding in the front (We are so lucky living in cali, we always cause extra heartache for ourselves with all the regulations). After looking for several months, and coming up empty myself, I went to the dealer. They assured me they could get it. So I ordered, and it was wrong when it came in. I had to prove it to them with a bike on the showroom floor. Anyways, one of the parts guys worked on trying to find one for several weeks. Finally I got a call from him, he was able to get a hold of a fabricator of the manufacture of the MSR plates (Ricochet). The fabricator was willing to tackle it if I was willing to give up my new (not usable) plate and the factory plastic skid. I happily gave them everything. Several weeks later and two modifications (had to cut off the canister rubber holder tabs, and drain hole on wrong side). Ricochet should have it available (This was last year, 2014), give them a call if you need one:

California wr250r skid plate - Finally! Canist10 California wr250r skid plate - Finally! Canist12 California wr250r skid plate - Finally! Skid_p20

California wr250r skid plate - Finally! Skid_p17 California wr250r skid plate - Finally! Skid_p18 California wr250r skid plate - Finally! Skid_p19
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

California wr250r skid plate - Finally! Empty
PostSubject: Re: California wr250r skid plate - Finally!   California wr250r skid plate - Finally! EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:54 pm

Think I would have yanked that crap off and just bought a flatlander, thats my .2c worth.
Back to top Go down

California wr250r skid plate - Finally!
Page 1 of 1