Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

California Skid Plates

Go down 
+6
X-Racer
Jrock
derm75
SheWolf
Curtis515s
CurtisC
10 posters
AuthorMessage
CurtisC

California Skid Plates Empty
PostSubject: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 2:06 pm

I thought I'd put this post out there to see if anybody know of anyone who makes a skid plate for the CA models that have the charcoal canister. I don't want to have to take it off for warranty purposes.
Back to top Go down
Curtis515s

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:10 am

I have looked everywhere and can't find a CA model plate either. I wish Works Connection would make one. I have had one of their plates on my last 5 or 6 MX bikes and they fit perfect. I don't like the other one's that I've seen. I thought about just cutting the front out of one of the plates that is available for the WR-R. My local state park here in Nor-Cal has been cracking down on the CRF-X and WR models with the smog removed. They even have posted pictures for the rangers to reference.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 10:56 am

Actually I did see one, but I can't remember where I saw it. It had some crash bars mounted to the side and it was specifically for the CA model. Can't remember if it was Turbocity something...I know it had Turbo in the header though... baldy

PostSubject: TurboCity   California Skid Plates EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 12:07 pm

I think this is what SheWolf is talking about. Click on the "view larger Pictures" image to see pics with the charcoal canister.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 1:03 pm

California Skid Plates Skidd10

There we go. California Skid Plates 61865

TCI Products.California Skid Plates Index

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:30 pm

boy those are ugly and expensive.
Back to top Go down
Curtis515s

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:42 pm

That's the truth.
Back to top Go down
Jrock

Jrock

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Anyone found any better options out there?

Jared
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:40 pm

Other option: What charcoal canister ? California Skid Plates 986936
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:02 pm

That thing looks like it would keep you safe from Lion and Shark attacks as well. California Skid Plates 61865
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:56 pm

X-Racer wrote:
Other option: What charcoal canister ? California Skid Plates 986936

That's the way I'd be going in a heartbeat. :)
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:13 pm

You can see my CA modification here:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/skid-pan-solution-not-perfect-but-an-option-t1217.htm

You could actually move the canister somewhere. There are only tubes connecting it. Maybe the airbox. :)

....that way you can tell them it's a totally enclosed system. No way can as much of a molecule of vapor EVER get out !

Seriously, the KTM skiddie shown in the picture would actually accept the WRR's CA charcoal canister with no problem.
Back to top Go down
NorCalWR

NorCalWR

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Anyone remove the charcoal canister yet?
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:06 pm

What charcoal canister ? California Skid Plates 986936 California Skid Plates 986936 (IOW: It's in the box with the rest of the crap that came WITH, but is no longer ON the bike).
Back to top Go down
dugsgms

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:05 am

Left mine on, I figure if it gets hit just right it might act like a crumple zone on a car California Skid Plates 93746
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:42 pm

There's a strategy...

KTM figured this was a good place to position a single point failure and put their oil filter there. Go figure... California Skid Plates 490865
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: California Skid Plates   California Skid Plates Empty

Back to top Go down

California Skid Plates
Page 1 of 1