Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Skid Plate: B&B or B and B?

Go down 
+3
gatorfan
mekros
crashmaster
7 posters
AuthorMessage
crashmaster

crashmaster

Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? Empty
PostSubject: Skid Plate: B&B or B and B?   Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? EmptyMon May 05, 2014 11:00 am

Tried to find an active link for B and B Moto but seems like they are out of business?

So was looking at this: http://bboffroad.com.au/shop/online-products/bash-plates/bash-plate-yamaha-wr250r.html

Anyone have any experience with the B&B Bash Plate from Australia?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
mekros

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate: B&B or B and B?   Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? EmptyMon May 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Their bash plates are very thick and will survive a lot of damage. They should still be in business.
Back to top Go down
crashmaster

crashmaster

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate: B&B or B and B?   Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:21 pm

mekros wrote:
Their bash plates are very thick and will survive a lot of damage. They should still be in business.

Which company, the US outfit or Australian outfit?
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate: B&B or B and B?   Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:30 pm

I've got the Aussie plate. I might be interested in selling it as my R2 is on pure street duty. If interested shoot me a PM. Just give me a day to think it thru.

If you want a new one, they are sweet.
Back to top Go down
f1isbest

f1isbest

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate: B&B or B and B?   Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:59 pm

I use and prefer the Flatlands Skid plate.
I ride in a very rocky terrain and protect my case without too much weight gain. Just saying mate. :)
Back to top Go down
ezrdr55

ezrdr55

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate: B&B or B and B?   Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:24 am

f1isbest wrote:
I use and prefer the Flatlands Skid plate.
I ride in a very rocky terrain and protect my case without too much weight gain. Just saying mate. :)

+1 on the Flatlands; fits like a glove. I put some self-stick rubber between the frame and the plate.
Back to top Go down
mekros

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate: B&B or B and B?   Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 3:42 pm

mekros wrote:

The Aussie company should still be in business. I have not dealt with the US one.
Back to top Go down
crashmaster

crashmaster

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate: B&B or B and B?   Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? EmptyTue May 06, 2014 11:48 pm

Weight of the skid plate is a non-issue for me.  It sits so low that I could put a 15 pound skid plate on and I doubt that I could tell the difference.

Just ordered up a ricochet.  Didn't like the way the flatland's wings didn't have a gusset onto the lower portion of the plate.  Had one of those wing looking things before on a 450 and it bent right into the water pump cover and cracked it.  Granted it was a pretty good crash but still.

Also was not too thrilled when I saw in pics that the flatland skidder didn't cover the rear of the engine cases, that was the real kicker.
Back to top Go down
vnp514

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate: B&B or B and B?   Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:40 am

crashmaster wrote:

Also was not too thrilled when I saw in pics that the flatland skidder didn't cover the rear of the engine cases, that was the real kicker.

My B&B covers the rear engine case:

Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? DSCN0710_zpscf5ba145

Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? DSCN0725_zps3f7affbf

Pretty good coverage for the water pump housing too:

Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? DSCN0720_zpsd623a460

Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? DSCN0711_zps7af563cd

I don't notice any extra noise(echo) from the engine as others have complained about with the other skid plates being used. YMMV

Pete
Back to top Go down
Brisrider

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate: B&B or B and B?   Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? EmptyTue May 27, 2014 3:54 pm

The Aussie company should still be in business. I have not dealt with the US one.[/quote]

Aussie company still in business:

http://bboffroad.com.au/shop/bash-plate-yamaha-wr250r.html

Back to top Go down
vnp514

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate: B&B or B and B?   Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? EmptyFri May 30, 2014 10:34 am

Brisrider wrote:

The Aussie company should still be in business. I have not dealt with the US one.

Aussie company still in business:

http://bboffroad.com.au/shop/bash-plate-yamaha-wr250r.html

[/quote]

Yep, their still in business. Took about a week to get mine-I love it!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate: B&B or B and B?   Skid Plate:  B&B or B and B? Empty

Back to top Go down

Skid Plate: B&B or B and B?
Page 1 of 1