Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Giant loop mohave

Go down 
+2
Carlos Thomas
rsteiger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Giant loop mohave  Empty
PostSubject: Giant loop mohave    Giant loop mohave  EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 7:06 pm

Has anyone tried this bag on the WRR, Im looking for something more for day rides, I have a hard pack on the top back now and it gets in the way on some single track, especially going down steep stuff, the odd kick in the butt, dont like this, anyways just checking out some option`s cheer`s
Back to top Go down

Giant loop mohave  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant loop mohave    Giant loop mohave  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 4:35 pm

I didn't get the mojavi, but did get the Wolfman E-12 saddlebags for my single track bike.  They also fit the wRR just fine.  I think there is a thread on here about them.  Anyhow, they do not get in the way at all.  They can be cinched down to only carry day supplies, or expanded to carry more stuff.

Giant loop mohave  IMG_0427-L
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Giant loop mohave  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant loop mohave    Giant loop mohave  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 10:21 pm

I have a Nomad Rider Moab bag which is a knock off of the Giant Loop Coyote.

Works great but can be rough on your plastics. I have been on 2 week rides with it and usually carry more shit than I should.
Back to top Go down
Diamond K

Diamond K

Giant loop mohave  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant loop mohave    Giant loop mohave  EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 9:43 am

My son has the Wolfman bag on his WR and it serves his need for riding to work. But is doesn't hold a lot. I like the Rapid Transit Expandable bag. I have used it on my WR and KLR on long rides. It is a perfect fit for the IMMIX cargo rack. If I am riding the back country I will put the Rotopax on and then the bag. Looks like saddle bags could get wide on narrow trails. I bought it at Revzilla for $80
Giant loop mohave  0615151513a
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Giant loop mohave  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant loop mohave    Giant loop mohave  EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 12:12 pm

Thanks guys that gives me some options, appreciate it, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Carlos Thomas

Carlos Thomas

Giant loop mohave  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant loop mohave    Giant loop mohave  EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:18 am

What size RotoPax is that?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

Giant loop mohave  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant loop mohave    Giant loop mohave  EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:47 am

Not that I have any nice luggage, I strap a small cooler bag onto my rear rack for day rides and wear a back pack but...

I would run saddle bags over any bag that's up on top of the back fender if I was going to buy anything.
The small bag on the back rack hits me in the butt going down hills or getting way back on the bike for jumps and whoops, I cant imagine trying to ride offroad with a big tall bag on the rack.
I had saddle bags on my KLR, you couldn't tell they were there while riding and they keep the weight of whatever your carrying down lower, they are no wider than your legs on the sides of the bike so they are not in the way or too wide for riding trails.
Back to top Go down
Gany

Giant loop mohave  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant loop mohave    Giant loop mohave  EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:37 am

I have a Giant loop mojave, have done 2 Condo 750 offroad navigation rallys with it. Carried spare tube, tools etc, first aid etc.
Worked flawlessly. Didnt even notice it was there:
Giant loop mohave  DSC05097-M

Giant loop mohave  DSC05405-M
Back to top Go down
Diamond K

Diamond K

Giant loop mohave  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant loop mohave    Giant loop mohave  EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 9:14 pm

Rotopax is 1.75 gallon but I can get 2 gallon in it.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Giant loop mohave  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant loop mohave    Giant loop mohave  EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 12:17 am

Have used my Mohave`s all summer they are great, I some times wish they were just a bit larger but have dealt with it. like them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Giant loop mohave  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giant loop mohave    Giant loop mohave  Empty

Back to top Go down

Giant loop mohave
Page 1 of 1