Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

PCV Speed Calibration

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HiQ

PCV Speed Calibration Empty
PostSubject: PCV Speed Calibration   PCV Speed Calibration EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 11:40 pm

I'm looking to add the PCV to my 2010 WR250X, but I've been reading about calibration the speed for the PCV. I have changed the stock gearing to -1 front so 12/43. Is there a value I can just plug in this thing without having to actually put it on a dyno and drive it a certain speed to calibrate it? Hopefully that makes sense. Ultimately I'm looking at possibly adding a POD-300 for accurate speed display (among other information like gear, tach and afr). Thanks.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: PCV Speed Calibration   PCV Speed Calibration EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 1:33 pm

HiQ wrote:
I'm looking to add the PCV to my 2010 WR250X, but I've been reading about calibration the speed for the PCV. I have changed the stock gearing to -1 front so 12/43. Is there a value I can just plug in this thing without having to actually put it on a dyno and drive it a certain speed to calibrate it? Hopefully that makes sense. Ultimately I'm looking at possibly adding a POD-300 for accurate speed display (among other information like gear, tach and afr). Thanks.

Use a GPS (or borrow one) pick a nice stretch of road and do an indicated 60MPH on the GPS and then check the speedometer. From there you should be able to calculate how far off you are.

From what I understand on the PCV the only point that speed comes into play is if you are trying to do some custom mapping where you change the A/F ratio based on speed.

If you like your swing arm you may want to consider replacing that 12 tooth c/s sprocket with a 13 and going up a few on the rear sprocket to compensate. At the very least check the chain slider often for wear and keep an eye on your chain tension.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Speed Calibration   PCV Speed Calibration EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 1:31 pm

HiQ wrote:

Duurrrrrr....what???? scratch

What have you been reading?

Why should the PCV care what speed you're going?

The PCV connects to throttle body, throttle position sensor, and ECU.

Not sure why speed would be important.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCV Speed Calibration   PCV Speed Calibration Empty

Back to top Go down

PCV Speed Calibration
Page 1 of 1