Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Recall stator fitted

Go down 
+3
Evol
Jens Eskildsen
michiko
7 posters
AuthorMessage
66T

66T

Recall stator fitted Empty
PostSubject: Recall stator fitted   Recall stator fitted EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 12:16 am

New stator organised today. Just as well. The 'old' one ie stator #2 was ready to let go too. Burnt, stinky, unhappy piece of work.
Yamaha are right. The old model items cannot stand high temps.
As an example of what can be done, my TTR250 is on its second stator because the ignition pickup failed. This stator has done almost 50,000 km in an air cooled engine.
WRR? Now on its third stator in 15,300 km. Really? Yes. Let's hope that the new one is tough enough!
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: stator killer   Recall stator fitted EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 7:22 am

man there is no way i am gonna let you ride my bike. what are you doing to them? obviously there is a problem but to have had three in that sort of mileage, is insane.
by the way, im interested in a comparison between the ttr 250 and the wrr. it s just that i found out the hard way that what i really enjoy is dirt bikes and not bikes. i started way back on cruisers and even took them on forest roads which inevitably ended in disaster. im thinking now, is maybe i should have got a more dirt orientated bike. i mean there are no highways here, the speed limit is 50km and no matter what bike i have im always doing something with it. i think i change my oil every 2000 km. the ttr are very cheap at the moment and they certainly look more dirt capable so what do you think
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Recall stator fitted   Recall stator fitted EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 4:56 pm

The ttr is a bit slower and more oldschool, but for what it is it manages just fine.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Recall stator fitted   Recall stator fitted EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 9:13 pm

66T, did you get any comparison photos of the old vs new stators ?
How different is the new one?
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Recall stator fitted   Recall stator fitted EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 12:22 am

Recall stator fitted Stator10" border="0" alt=""/>
This is stator #2. Ready to cave, I'd say.

I'll post a pic of the new stator when I can. Basically it's readily identifiable by the grey plastic winding retainers instead of white (or brown after use!).

The big problem isn't so much thrashing our bikes, though it certainly happens. It's the slow running for hours in hot weather, which causes heat buildup in the oil, which therefore ruins the low-quality stators imo. The heat buildup also ruins the equally low-quality fuel pumps, also imo. Even in my Safari tank with much greater fuel volume.

The TTR has proven considerably more robust for my job. The trouble is that the WR is, again imo, a MUCH better bike to ride, with better gearing, and/or better power characteristics.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Recall stator fitted   Recall stator fitted EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 7:05 am

michiko wrote:
man there is no way i am gonna let you ride my bike. what are you doing to them?

Michiko .. 66t's bike is a work tool  . IMHO what is happening to his bike is a fast forward forecast of what a WR250R longevity is ../ will be all about. .. I read on a vapor unit install post here awhile back the the WR is running at  the boiling point at low speed.. can't help but think that maybe  not enough coolant volume moving around by design.. or maybe the bike should have a second rad to keep the coolant and eventually oil temperatures lower...

down stream spin off could be less stators burning up.. who knows.. bert

66t.. this is off topic.. but i was thinking of putting the fuel pump in a aluminum pipe type  housing to gravity feed gas into .. more for an removable aux fuel tank i'm going to use.... it would maybe give the fuel pump a chance to run cooler instead of sitting in the stock position...
lots to ponder i guess..
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Recall stator fitted   Recall stator fitted EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 7:53 am

Good thinking. I was toying with the idea of using a W800 Kawasaki external pump for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: signs of failure   Recall stator fitted EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 8:22 pm

over the past few months ive bee having problems with my lights. when i turn the high beam on, both lights momentarily turn off, which never happened before.
last night the problem as they do, got progressively worse, now when i turn the high beam on, both headlights are permanently of. but the rear is still on.
however when i twist the throttle, i turn the high beam on, it works fine.
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: for anyone interested   Recall stator fitted EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 8:14 am

just got the stator coil replaced and im a very happy soldier. the aforementioned problems stated in my previous post have all been resolved.
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Recall stator fitted   Recall stator fitted EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 6:15 am

I must admit I'm not surprised. Glad you got it all fixed.

The weird thing about the WR-R stators is the fact that they seem to deteriorate rather than just crap out. Most bike stators either work or they don't, but not ours from my experience. In fact, the first one even checked out perfectly when I static-tested it, even though it was completely stuffed. It sure didn't when I ran the motor, though.
Back to top Go down
Ship_Faced

PostSubject: Re: Recall stator fitted   Recall stator fitted EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 3:05 pm

I had my stator recall done and once I got it back, the stater wire, at the grommet where it goes into the case, had a little residual red grease around it from when the put it in i suspect, but no gasket material or yamabond or whatever the gray stuff is that was there before (from what I can see left over on the casing). Do you see this to be a problem? I can lift the edge of it slightly off the casing if i bend it, but im in no way pulling it out. I just want to make sure its not going to allow water or debris down there..
Back to top Go down
Jremeee

PostSubject: Re: Recall stator fitted   Recall stator fitted EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Ship_Faced wrote:
I had my stator recall done and once I got it back, the stater wire, at the grommet where it goes into the case, had a little residual red grease around it from when the put it in i suspect, but no gasket material or yamabond or whatever the gray stuff is that was there before (from what I can see left over on the casing).  Do you see this to be a problem?  I can lift the edge of it slightly off the casing if i bend it, but im in no way pulling it out. I just want to make sure its not going to allow water or debris down there..

That is kind of weird because i got my recall done this morning and i noticed some grey sealant around that rubber grommet where the wire goes into the case.. i thought it looked suspicious. but maybe its supposed to be that way i suppose? it just wasn't like that before.

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recall stator fitted   Recall stator fitted Empty

Back to top Go down

Recall stator fitted
Page 1 of 1