Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Force Accessories Radiator Guard

Go down 
+3
wwguy
rarepartbuilder
C3L1CA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wwguy

wwguy

Force Accessories Radiator Guard Empty
PostSubject: Force Accessories Radiator Guard   Force Accessories Radiator Guard EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 10:18 pm

I ordered a Force Accessories radiator guard from Australia on Monday and was surprised to see it arrive here in the USA on Saturday (while I was out riding.)  Giddyup!

Installation tonight was fairly quick.  Only 3 beers by my reckoning.

The images should be self-explanatory regarding why I chose this model, but feel free to ask any questions etc.

Force Accessories Radiator Guard Force111

Force Accessories Radiator Guard Force211

Force Accessories Radiator Guard Force311

Force Accessories Radiator Guard Force411

Force Accessories Radiator Guard Force513

Force Accessories Radiator Guard Force610

Last edited by wwguy on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
C3L1CA

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Radiator Guard   Force Accessories Radiator Guard EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Looks nice and beefy!
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Radiator Guard   Force Accessories Radiator Guard EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:37 am

whoa....  very well built.Your pictures are nice and crisp as well ...  thumb  
I will be building a guard this winter and i cant imagine a better design than what you purchased. ..

I have a  question or two,,,,

the site says 2.2 KG weight,, but i did not see the material  is it steel .. aluminum or a combo?

the guard side on the "front" of the rad.. how thick ..?
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Radiator Guard   Force Accessories Radiator Guard EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:16 am

rarepartbuilder wrote:
whoa....  very well built.Your pictures are nice and crisp as well ...  thumb  
I will be building a guard this winter and i cant imagine a better design than what you purchased. ..

I  have a  question or two,,,,

the site says 2.2 KG weight,, but i did not see the material  is it steel .. aluminum or a combo?

the guard side on the "front" of the rad.. how thick  ..?

Not sure where you saw that number?  I see 1.0 kg here on the Force website..  The shipping package also indicated 1 kg.

The entire guard, including the 3 reinforcement tubes, is aluminum. The aluminum sheet appears to be 2.5 mm thick.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Radiator Guard   Force Accessories Radiator Guard EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 6:01 pm

yes.your right . i meant 2.2 lbs .

Thanks for posting up the pictures and the specs. 2.5 mm stock would be pretty robust.

Back to top Go down
k1322

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Radiator Guard   Force Accessories Radiator Guard EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 8:06 am

Trying to make sense if the Force fits the larger tanks (any, basically, as I haven't decided on what tank to get later)-
Back to top Go down
k1322

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Radiator Guard   Force Accessories Radiator Guard EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 7:26 am

From what others write the Force guard is claimed to fit:
IMS 4.75 gal
Safari 3.7 gal

Not sure about IMS 3.0 gal tank, anyone have that combination?
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: FORCE GUARD   Force Accessories Radiator Guard EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 11:58 am

Yes. the force guard works fine with the Ims 3.0 tank.

I have the combination on my WR

k294 likes this post

Back to top Go down
k1322

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Radiator Guard   Force Accessories Radiator Guard EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 7:48 am

SLOWRIDER wrote:
Yes. the force guard works fine with the Ims 3.0 tank.

I have the combination on my WR

Great, thanks. Guess it will be the Force guard then, as its the most rugged and large-tank-compatible.
Thankfully the AUS $ is pretty low now.
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Radiator Guard   Force Accessories Radiator Guard EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 10:54 am

While we are on the Subject of Rad Guards and Bigger tanks does anyone know if the Flatland Rad Guard and IMS 3.0 Tank fit without any issues?
Back to top Go down
k1322

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Radiator Guard   Force Accessories Radiator Guard EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 11:28 am

Caldsy wrote:
While we are on the Subject of Rad Guards and Bigger tanks does anyone know if the Flatland Rad Guard and IMS 3.0 Tank fit without any issues?

I found statements that "any" radguards will fit IMS 3 tank, as the tank does not cover the radiator compared to the even larger tanks. Although no practical experience of it.
The Flatland is much cheaper, but for a European the higher dollar + high shipping cost from Flatland makes the difference pretty small compared to buying the Force. The Force has a overall more sturdy design for taking impact.
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Radiator Guard   Force Accessories Radiator Guard EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 11:43 am

k1322 wrote:
Caldsy wrote:

I found statements that "any" radguards will fit IMS 3 tank, as the tank does not cover the radiator compared to the even larger tanks. Although no practical experience of it.
The Flatland is much cheaper, but for a European the higher dollar + high shipping cost from Flatland makes the difference pretty small compared to buying the Force. The Force has a overall more sturdy design for taking impact.

ok thanks. I already have the Flatland Guard (Bought the Skid and Guard as a PKG for $130 USD). Just looking into a bigger tank. I already have the Scaggs/Rotopax set up but thinking of selling the Rotopax so that I can have more space on my rack without being too Top Heavy and too much weight in the back end.
Back to top Go down
zippledippledoo

PostSubject: Force radiator guard and IMS 4.7 tank   Force Accessories Radiator Guard EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 8:15 pm

Just a fast note to let folks know that the Force radiator guard fits perfectly with the IMS 4.7 gallon tank. I have one on my 2010 WR250X. I found information somewhere - exactly where lost to the sands of time - that the Force radiator guard was built specifically to fit the IMS 4.7 tank, and the way it fits my bike so tightly I tend to believe it. Glad you folks are getting them now that the Australian dollar has fallen so much against the US Dollar, it was frostily expensive when I bought one a year and a half ago. I should note that mine took a little bit of "tweaking" to fit, but that didn't take over about 15 minutes of time. High quality product and looks as tough as anything I've seen on a WRR.SL371231" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Force Accessories Radiator Guard   Force Accessories Radiator Guard Empty

Back to top Go down

Force Accessories Radiator Guard
Page 1 of 1