Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CRFan1

Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment! Empty
PostSubject: Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment!   Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment! EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 12:03 pm

So after some research, it seems the Force radiator guard protects the best and I ordered one! :).  I also have an IMS 3.1 gallon tank and I was wondering if I am going to have any fitment issues or will this be a straight forward install?  Will the shroud still fit ok?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment!   Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 9:13 am

Well, I guess I just find out when it gets here, lol. I can't seem to find any information either way and I was hoping someone here has a force rad gaurd with an IMS 3.1 tank, hehe.... GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
N8

PostSubject: Re: Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment!   Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 10:37 am

I don't have first hand experience with the force guard, but I do with the IMS 3.1 and the Flatland guard, and I can't see why the Force's design would create any interference with the design of the tank.
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment!   Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 10:48 am

N8 wrote:
I don't have first hand experience with the force guard, but I do with the IMS 3.1 and the Flatland guard, and I can't see why the Force's design would create any interference with the design of the tank.

Cool thanks!
Back to top Go down
unruly

unruly

PostSubject: Re: Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment!   Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 6:46 pm

I have the Force guard and the IMS 3.1 and I am quite happy with the setup.  They work well together, but there is an issue with function, not fitment.

The shroud/body panel/tank cover on the right side mounts directly to the radiator. That means that an impact on the right side can still damage the radiator as the load path runs from the plastic panel through the screw connections to the mounting brackets on the side of the radiator. I have seen pictures where this did not end well.

Fortunately there is an easy fix: Provide a mechanical "Fuse" in the connection between the panel and the radiator.  Instead of using the stock fasteners, I just used the smallest, weakest zip ties available.  This also has the advantage of "adding lightness" Very happy
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment!   Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment! EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 8:01 pm

Thanks for that info!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment!   Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ordered a Force radiator guard - Question on fitment!
Page 1 of 1