Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bike Dies When Coasting With Clutch Pulled

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dbradford0820

Bike Dies When Coasting With Clutch Pulled Empty
PostSubject: Bike Dies When Coasting With Clutch Pulled   Bike Dies When Coasting With Clutch Pulled EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 7:12 pm

Twice in the last couple of weeks, the bike has died when I let off the throttle, pull in the clutch, and coast up to a red light.  In both cases, I downshifted and dumped the clutch before stopping, and she bump started right back up. The first time it happened, I thought that it must have been something on my end. But now, I'm pretty sure it's not operator error, and I'm worried that this may be an early warning sign that I should address before I get stranded.

She's got 18,000 trouble free miles all by me.  I had the stator recall done about a month ago, and that's the first and only time it's been in the shop. It's a January 2008 model...could this be the fuel pump issue that I've heard about? Or, is there anything the dealer could have screwed up on my stator swap to cause this? The pump failures I've heard about weren't like this.  Both stalls were on cold days when I was freezing my butt off, and I've never had any issue cranking.

Anyone else with a similar experience? Thanks in advance for any help.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Bike Dies When Coasting With Clutch Pulled Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike Dies When Coasting With Clutch Pulled   Bike Dies When Coasting With Clutch Pulled EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 12:21 am

dbradford0820 wrote:
Twice in the last couple of weeks, the bike has died when I let off the throttle, pull in the clutch, and coast up to a red light.  In both cases, I downshifted and dumped the clutch before stopping, and she bump started right back up. The first time it happened, I thought that it must have been something on my end. But now, I'm pretty sure it's not operator error, and I'm worried that this may be an early warning sign that I should address before I get stranded.

She's got 18,000 trouble free miles all by me.  I had the stator recall done about a month ago, and that's the first and only time it's been in the shop.  It's a January 2008 model...could this be the fuel pump issue that I've heard about? Or, is there anything the dealer could have screwed up on my stator swap to cause this? The pump failures I've heard about weren't like this.  Both stalls were on cold days when I was freezing my butt off, and I've never had any issue cranking.

Anyone else with a similar experience? Thanks in advance for any help.

I bumped my idle up after the stator replacement... well actually set it to the recommended idle in the manual (1650 RPM I think).

I noticed the bike died on me a couple of times when pulling in the clutch at idle right after the stator replacement. The only thing I could think of is that the new stator is generating a bit more power than my old one and it was dragging down the idle a bit.

After that it has been fine.
Back to top Go down

Bike Dies When Coasting With Clutch Pulled
Page 1 of 1