Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tire size question for WRR

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MRSallee

Tire size question for WRR Empty
PostSubject: Tire size question for WRR   Tire size question for WRR EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 5:27 pm

It's time to replace the tires on my '13 WRR, which is currently on stockers. I was thinking I'd get Avon Distanzias, but it looks like they've been discontinued. The Avon TrailRider is the replacement.

My question is: Which size do I get?

I understand our stock sizing is...

Front: 80/100-21
Rear: 120/80-18

And Avon has a rear tire that matches, but no front comes in that specific size. Here's what I see available: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/78043/i/avon-trailrider-av53-front-tire

Is an 80/90-21 or 90/90-21 a good substitute for our stocker? Is one a better match than the other? Thanks.

(If it matters, I ride 99% street. Probably higher % street honestly. But I'd like to take the bike to my dad's trails some day.)
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Tire size question for WRR   Tire size question for WRR EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 9:37 pm

Motorcycle Superstore still has them. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/5306/i/avon-am44-distanzia-rear-tire
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Tire size question for WRR   Tire size question for WRR EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 9:41 pm

If you can afford it, I'd get a set of 17" wheels and put some 17" Distanzia's on (or even pure street tires) and enjoy the better handling and lower ride height if you mainly ride on the street.
Back to top Go down
MRSallee

PostSubject: Re: Tire size question for WRR   Tire size question for WRR EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:19 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
Motorcycle Superstore still has them. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/5306/i/avon-am44-distanzia-rear-tire
Thanks. Same question applies, since the Distanzia appears to be available in 90/90-21 front -- is that okay on the WRR?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tire size question for WRR   Tire size question for WRR EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 11:28 pm

90/90-21 is a good size for the front. It's more common than the 80/100 size. It's a more rounded profile, slightly. Tons of tire choices in 90/90-21, they drop right on the stock rim.
Back to top Go down
MRSallee

PostSubject: Re: Tire size question for WRR   Tire size question for WRR EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 10:44 am

Traveller wrote:
90/90-21 is a good size for the front.   It's more common than the 80/100 size.   It's a more rounded profile, slightly.   Tons of tire choices in 90/90-21, they drop right on the stock rim.
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
mrchuffy

mrchuffy

PostSubject: Re: Tire size question for WRR   Tire size question for WRR EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 3:30 pm

As far as inch sizes what are you all running? As nearly as I can figure 3.00-21 is closest to the stock metric size for the front and 4.60-18 for the rear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire size question for WRR   Tire size question for WRR Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire size question for WRR
Page 1 of 1