Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Leaking gas cap

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
grw800

grw800

Leaking gas cap Empty
PostSubject: Leaking gas cap   Leaking gas cap EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:43 am

My gas cap started leaking yesterday. It's coming out at the lock cylinder. Has this happened to anyone else? Fix? Or recommendations for a replacement cap? I don't care if it locks.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Leaking gas cap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking gas cap   Leaking gas cap EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 11:44 am

grw800 wrote:
My gas cap started leaking yesterday. It's coming out at the lock cylinder. Has this happened to anyone else? Fix? Or recommendations for a replacement cap? I don't care if it locks.

I seem to remember this happening to me before... right after I filled the tank to the top. I then left the bike sit in the sun while I went in and grabbed some snacks and came out and saw the cap leaking. I waited and wiped it down then rode off. I figured it was from having too much fuel in the tank and when the sun heated up the gas it expanded. I think the owners manual calls out a max fill level some where.

Don't recall it happening again but then again I did switch tanks to a IMS 4.7 gallon tank and Tusk fuel cap.
Back to top Go down

Leaking gas cap
Page 1 of 1