Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

12V/5V Cigg lighter/USB power

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BCRider

12V/5V Cigg lighter/USB power Empty
PostSubject: 12V/5V Cigg lighter/USB power   12V/5V Cigg lighter/USB power EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 3:04 pm

Hey All,
I installed an auxiliary power outlet on my handle bar for phone charging.
I wired it directly to the battery so that I could use it to charge devices while the bike's ignition was off (has inline fuse).

This works to power devices just fine, but last night I went to turn on the ignition and the battery was flat dead since I installed it a few weeks ago, despite nothing being connected to it. So it's drawing current when not it use.

I'd like to splice into another power/gound - Where would ya'll suggest? I tried connecting to the license plate light since the rear lights were replaced, but didn't give power.

Thanks! scratch
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

12V/5V Cigg lighter/USB power Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12V/5V Cigg lighter/USB power   12V/5V Cigg lighter/USB power EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 10:52 pm

I would use a switched ignition hot to prevent this IMO. I would test the plug or return it maybe. Will look at the wiring diagrams in a bit and see for a good location with lesser amp draw unless someone else will chime in.
Back to top Go down

12V/5V Cigg lighter/USB power
Page 1 of 1