Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Power Commander V Vs FMF Power Programmer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
motocrossmann

Power Commander V  Vs  FMF Power Programmer Empty
PostSubject: Power Commander V Vs FMF Power Programmer   Power Commander V  Vs  FMF Power Programmer EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 6:28 pm

I'm planning the following mods:

FMF Quietcore
FMF PowerBomb
Delete Air Flapper

Then eventually on to a big bore kit. If money were no option, is the power commander V a better system? Or should I save my $$$ and buy the FMF???
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander V Vs FMF Power Programmer   Power Commander V  Vs  FMF Power Programmer EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:56 pm

It's an either or option. The PC has more settings/parameters to play with, whereas the FMF doesn't. PC you need a laptop if you intend on downloading different maps yourself into the unit; the FMF you don't. lurk

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander V Vs FMF Power Programmer   Power Commander V  Vs  FMF Power Programmer EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:00 pm

:hmmm: I'm wondering the same. scratch
How much tinkering will the power commander (ie PCV ) require to get comparable or better results to the FMF EFI Programmer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander V Vs FMF Power Programmer   Power Commander V  Vs  FMF Power Programmer EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:54 am

So I'm set on getting either a Power Commander or an FMF Programmer because I'm 99% sure my bike is running WAY TOO lean. I recently put in the low noise insert in my Barrel 4 Pipe and now I occasionally get stalling during deceleration & Idle (too much back pressure?). I'm an engineer so I really want to understand HOW the 2 units are different. Ideas or other input?

My Mods: Flapper Removed, AIS, Exup Emulator (12 OClock Labs), delta barrel 4 full pipe w/ low noise insert.

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander V Vs FMF Power Programmer   Power Commander V  Vs  FMF Power Programmer EmptyThu May 03, 2012 11:19 am

I have no idea what an EXUP Emulator is but never the less:

FmF is very limited in what it can do and what you can control. Can only add fuel.

PCV gives you a ginormous amount of control and options for adding and subtracting fuel.

FmF can be adjusted on the fly with the touch of a few buttons assuming it's mounted where you can reach it easily.

PCV will require a computer to make changes.

PCV allows you to add the Autotune module as well which will also provide a "living" adjustment while on the fly.

PCV costs more, but does more.

FmF costs less, does less, but for many people does enough.

It's your call as to which one suits you best.

Is coke better than pepsi?
McDonalds better than Burger King?
Steak better than lobster?

What do you want? What do you need? How much control do you wish to have.

FmF gives you basically 6 adjustments to make.

PCV lets you adjust for every 100 rpms or something like that.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander V Vs FMF Power Programmer   Power Commander V  Vs  FMF Power Programmer EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:05 pm

That is what I wanted to hear. I'm thinking for my purposes, all I need is to richen' up the Air/Fuel Mix and be on my marry little way. thumb
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander V Vs FMF Power Programmer   Power Commander V  Vs  FMF Power Programmer EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:24 pm

For what it's worth, my PCV w/ Autotune pulls fuel at certain RPM's/loads; it's not always adding fuel.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander V Vs FMF Power Programmer   Power Commander V  Vs  FMF Power Programmer EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:34 pm

motokid wrote:

FmF is very limited in what it can do and what you can control. Can only add fuel.

PCV gives you a ginormous amount of control and options for adding and subtracting fuel.

PCV allows you to add the Autotune module as well which will also provide a "living" adjustment while on the fly.

deal

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander V Vs FMF Power Programmer   Power Commander V  Vs  FMF Power Programmer EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:15 pm

I saw.

Point being, I wanted people to know that it does actually reduce fuel pulses, even with an open airbox and full exhaust.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander V Vs FMF Power Programmer   Power Commander V  Vs  FMF Power Programmer Empty

Back to top Go down

Power Commander V Vs FMF Power Programmer
Page 1 of 1