Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fan is on all the time

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kabulpostie

Fan is on all the time Empty
PostSubject: Fan is on all the time   Fan is on all the time EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 4:40 pm

Hey All,
I have a little issue with my 2008. I just noticed in the last couple of days that the cooling fan is on at all times. Its mid 40s to 50s here so I'm pretty sure it's not too hot. No warning lights or anything and I haven't touched anything (which is usually the cause of problems), any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

PostSubject: Re: Fan is on all the time   Fan is on all the time EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 4:44 pm

kabulpostie wrote:
Hey All,
I have a little issue with my 2008. I just noticed in the last couple of days that the cooling fan is on at all times. Its mid 40s to 50s here so I'm pretty sure it's not too hot. No warning lights or anything and I haven't touched anything (which is usually the cause of problems), any ideas?

I'm not familiar enough with the fans on the WRR... but I've had toys before that the temp sensor that controls the Fan's On/Off went bad. when the switch had faulted, it automatically makes the fan stay on for emergency. that's the only thing I can think of off hand. Good luck.

does the fan stay on even when you turn the bike off (power off).
Back to top Go down
kabulpostie

PostSubject: Re: Fan is on all the time   Fan is on all the time EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 4:52 pm

Nope it turns off when the bike the is off. Only runs when the bike is running.
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

PostSubject: Re: Fan is on all the time   Fan is on all the time EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 8:55 am

kabulpostie wrote:
Nope it turns off when the bike the is off. Only runs when the bike is running.

Ok even more reason I think it's the Temp Sensor. it might be staying open trying to dump all the heat out. If it were staying on even when the bike is shut off then I would have to "guess" it's the switch/replay. Sorry I'm not much help.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Fan is on all the time   Fan is on all the time EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 10:08 pm

I will go look at the manual. If it is a normally open switch and somehow got pinched or shorted, it would stay on. Have you traced the wires to look? Maybe try to unplug it, if it has a connector. BRB
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Fan is on all the time   Fan is on all the time EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 10:56 pm

So the fan is normally open, actually controlled by fan control relay. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info or help. Here is what I found looks like the relay is stuck. This would be way easier to replace a relay and not have to get into a more costly repair.

Last edited by mcdoudlehopper on Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Fan is on all the time   Fan is on all the time EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 11:05 pm

Sorry, trying to make smaller. Maybe I can find the resistance value of the sensor for you. Would be easy to check if it has a connector to isolate it.
Fan is on all the time P_110

Fan is on all the time P_210
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Fan is on all the time   Fan is on all the time EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 11:21 pm

ok, found the coolant temp sensor has a connector. Sais to treat with care. if sensor is dropped to replace so be careful with it. Remove sensor and place in container of coolant. Slowly heat the coolant and let it cool to specified temps and check for continuity. Here are the specks. Should be 2.32-2.59 ohms at 68deg F or 20deg C and at 80degC (176deg F) 310-326 ohms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan is on all the time   Fan is on all the time Empty

Back to top Go down

Fan is on all the time
Page 1 of 1