Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?

Go down 
+6
motokid
INSTIGATOR
sswrx
YZEtc
john92
dmulk
10 posters
AuthorMessage
dmulk

What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? Empty
PostSubject: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:03 pm

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a pipe for my new WRR. I'm for sure going to go for the Powerbomb header.

What I'm stuck on is the muffler....

Is there a big difference in power between the Q4 and PC4?

I've read that the PC4 is ungodly loud....but....can it be "putted" at a reasonable level through a campground?

I''ll likely be doing BigDawg type adventure riding mostly....with some blasting 'round our local forests and deserts here in California / Western AZ....

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:53 pm

I would just go with the Q4. It gives an nice sound and a little extra juice. Plus, it has a spark arrester and overall will keep you just a little more "legal".
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:12 pm

If you're concerned with it being too loud because you'll be around people who might get pissed off, I'd get the Q4. :)
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:19 pm

Go with the Powerbomb & Q4 system. Some fitting required but it sounds great & it's not loud.
Back to top Go down
dmulk

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:24 pm

Doesn't the Powercore 4 come with a Spark Arrestor? (I thought I read that it was USFS Approved?)

Thanks for the feedback all!

Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:02 pm

It may but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:01 pm

As long as the one you buy is called a Powercore 4 S/A (S/A = Spark Arrestor). :)
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:10 pm

Get the Powercore. It's not any louder than those annoying harleys. Spark arrestor is removable.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:40 am

What are thoughts on the dB Dawg things that you can install?

Would a Powercore with a dB Dawg "plug" be as quiet as a Q4?

Could you almost get the best of both worlds that way? Pop in the plug for stealth, remove it for ballz out power?

Anybody have any experience with the dB Dawg?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:53 am

Interesting: Leo Vince and DB Dawg
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:00 am

Q4
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Just go with the Q4
Back to top Go down
awen

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 12:30 pm

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 12:39 pm

awen wrote:
sswrx why do you bold all your tekst when you write...

Don't forget the italics too... What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? 613970

Seems like a lot of wasted effort for nothing....

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
dmulk

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Thanks for the info all.

Anyone have any real performance numbers between the Q4 and the PC4? Since we are riding 250's, I know a 1-2HP gain is a huge percentage increase for us...

Thanks again for the FB.

Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:12 pm

dmulk wrote:
Thanks for the info all.

Anyone have any real performance numbers between the Q4 and the PC4? Since we are riding 250's, I know a 1-2HP gain is a huge percentage increase for us...

Thanks again for the FB.

<D>

Message Shewolf, she runs a Q4 and has gotten some serious power out of her WR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?   What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4? Empty

Back to top Go down

What should I buy?: Powercore 4 or Q4?
Page 1 of 1