Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out? Empty
PostSubject: How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out?   How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:48 pm

..... has anyone here tried it out? scratch

That's a pretty loud pipe .... I am wondering if the cops will give me any hassle about it?

I'm thinking $30 for a silencer may be a good idea, although I hate to give up any perfomance.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out?   How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:39 pm

to be honest. not much.
does change it a bit, and I will say that it is a lil quieter at idle.
above idle not much change if any and at WFO no change to my ears.

the only difference is about 3 inches of tubing around the spark arrestor.

Last edited by f3joel on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out?   How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:45 am

I know in Delaware, it wouldn't pass inspection, which means you couldn't legally drive it on the road.

I'm slightly concerned about the FmF Q4 I have passing. They've gotten pretty strict.

I won't be parting with my stock muffler I can tell you that.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out?   How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:40 am

I JUST heard that the city I live in and the surrounding cities all got brand new decibel meters thanks to the courteous Massachusetts government. So although I have been told that my Q4 should pass inspection, I could get pulled over and be told to rev my engine to see if it's within acceptable levels.
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out?   How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:46 am

Well, that's not good! dddog

The weird thing is, the cops never bat an eye at all the open pipe Harleys running around in the summer time. They are probably too scared to mess with them. I'll take my chances I guess. dunno
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out?   How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out? EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:11 pm

The megabomb header will reduce the sound output as well, which is why I ran it with the powercore (and tried to sell both together). The powerbomb header likely helps with sound too, just not as much as the megabomb. Try the silencer first too. Worst case swapping back to stock doesn't take very long when its time to get inspected. So happy MD doesn't inspect except at time of sale...

Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out?   How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out? EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:50 am

skierd wrote:
The megabomb header will reduce the sound output as well, which is why I ran it with the powercore (and tried to sell both together). The powerbomb header likely helps with sound too, just not as much as the megabomb. Try the silencer first too. Worst case swapping back to stock doesn't take very long when its time to get inspected. So happy MD doesn't inspect except at time of sale...

Yeah, had I seen the ad earlier, I would have bought the whole package ! Maybe I'll find one later on. I like the idea of having a bit more low end grunt along with a slightly quieter output sound level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out?   How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much does the optional FMF powercore silencer help out?
Page 1 of 1