Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Problem installing IMS 3 gal tank

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DS123

Problem installing IMS 3 gal tank Empty
PostSubject: Problem installing IMS 3 gal tank   Problem installing IMS 3 gal tank EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 1:42 pm

I'm in the process of trying to transfer the hardware and fuel pump from the stock fuel tank to a 3 gal IMS tank BUT I can't get those darn button head bolts off and I think I stripped the bolts. I ordered a kit to remove stripped bolts and wanted to know if I should have the bolts replaced at a hardware store for cheap or pony up the money and pay $12 for the oem bolts? Any tips on removing the bolts? I believe the 3mm hex t-bar I used was worn a bit at the tip which caused it to strip the bolts. I was able to remove the first bolt easily. I'll tell I f**king hate working on a bike b/c I always manage to screw something up. Any tips on installing the IMS 3 gal tak would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Stillwater97

PostSubject: Re: Problem installing IMS 3 gal tank   Problem installing IMS 3 gal tank EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 10:21 am

IMO,

there are things to cheap out on, and there are things to spend on. I'd put the bolts that keep the pump on the tank without leaking in the don't cheap out category.

just my .02

Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Problem installing IMS 3 gal tank   Problem installing IMS 3 gal tank EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 4:17 pm

I'm pretty sure Yamaha doesnt make their own bolts Very happy

I always buy some at a hardware store, I try to replace as many bolts as I can to accept i.e a 10mm socket, 6mm allenkey ect to cut down on tools needed tot ake the bike apart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem installing IMS 3 gal tank   Problem installing IMS 3 gal tank Empty

Back to top Go down

Problem installing IMS 3 gal tank
Page 1 of 1