Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Problem after installing exhaust and JD Jetting Programmer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cxs324

Problem after installing exhaust and JD Jetting Programmer Empty
PostSubject: Problem after installing exhaust and JD Jetting Programmer   Problem after installing exhaust and JD Jetting Programmer EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum since I just bought my first WR250R.  I immediately purchased the FMF MegaBomb header, muffler, and JD Jetting EFI Controller.  I removed the air box flap, AIS system, and EXUP system.  After installing the new Exhaust and EFI Controller, I find the bike runs fine at low throttle, but hesitates significantly and sputters at mid to full throttle.   I'm using the JD Jetting settings the controller came with.  What does it mean if the bike runs great on low throttle, but terrible at mid or high throttle?  JD Jetting claims their settings should run perfect with this arrangement, but it's far from it for me.  I'm at 1,300 feet, so elevation shouldn't be much of a factor.

Do I need to open up the airbox further?  Anyone else have this problem or have experience working with the JD Jetting tuner?  Is there a way to convert settings from other brand tuners to the JD jetting settings?

Thanks in advance for your help getting this sorted out,

Craig
Back to top Go down
paulie1960

PostSubject: Re: Problem after installing exhaust and JD Jetting Programmer   Problem after installing exhaust and JD Jetting Programmer EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 5:42 pm

you maybe way to rich on settings you only have exhaust mod. i have the FMF progamer, a pipe, my intake is opened up way more then yours, performance filter, athena 290 kit at 12.2 to 1 compression, my settings are 3, 3.5, 3, .5, 2.5, .5
Back to top Go down
cxs324

PostSubject: Problem found; kinked fuel line   Problem after installing exhaust and JD Jetting Programmer EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 9:08 am

After pulling my hair out on this one, the sputtering problem ended up being relatively simple. The fuel line from the tank to the throttle body is rigid and covered by a rubber sleeve. Although the rubber sleeve looked fine at a glance, the rigid line inside was kinked. I must have damaged it when moving the gas tank out of the way to install the programmer connections. After fixing the kink, the bike now runs crisp right up to the rev limiter.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Problem after installing exhaust and JD Jetting Programmer   Problem after installing exhaust and JD Jetting Programmer EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 6:48 pm

Glad you found it and came back to post it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem after installing exhaust and JD Jetting Programmer   Problem after installing exhaust and JD Jetting Programmer Empty

Back to top Go down

Problem after installing exhaust and JD Jetting Programmer
Page 1 of 1