Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Case Savers to be availble soon!

Go down 
+14
jason meacham
slolane
superbee24
SheWolf
clapped_r6
rpo83
photon phil
mwakey
NorCalWR
toast
WRoldman
boogn1sh
INSTIGATOR
vwsandman
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
vwsandman

vwsandman

Case Savers to be availble soon! Empty
PostSubject: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 10:06 am

As I posted on some of the other forums, I will soon have some "Real" steel case savers available for purchase. After that I will have some Aluminum sprocket guards for sale as well. Here are some pictures:

Case Savers to be availble soon! P1060014

Case Savers to be availble soon! P1060015

With the OEM cover:
Case Savers to be availble soon! P1060012
Case Savers to be availble soon! P1060011

And an idea of what the cover will look like:

prototype:
Case Savers to be availble soon! P1060003

Finished size template:
Case Savers to be availble soon! P1060004

These will come with longer OEM style bolts as well as any spacers needed to install.

I have not worked out exact pricing, but will post that up when I have it nailed down. I should be able to send these any where that the US postal service delivers as well. Case Savers to be availble soon! 61865
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 12:15 pm

Pretty sweet!!! I'll take a case saver. Case Savers to be availble soon! 61865
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Case savers!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:21 pm

I will post up when I get them made up with cost and other info.
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 12:16 am

Nice!! thumb
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Case Saver Update!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 5:14 pm

The first batch of ten Case Savers are finished. Longer hardware arrived today. I have to finish the spacers for the rear bolt and they will be ready to ship. Here are some pictures:

Final design Case Saver with neoprene foam tape on back to fill void between engine and minimize dirt filling this area and to help protect the engine:
Case Savers to be availble soon! P1060017

Case Savers to be availble soon! P1060018

The case saver itself:
Case Savers to be availble soon! P1060019

The normal case saver with standoff design for OEM cover or soon to be available Sandman Cover shown with two non-standoff one-off parts for some customers who did not want to use a guard. Also shown is the new OEM spec longer bolts that will come with the case saver. You will get three new bolts, a case saver and a third spacer for the third rear most bolt.

Case Savers to be availble soon! P1060020

Case Savers to be availble soon! P1060021

I should be able to post up some prices and when they can start to ship in a day or so.

Thanks again to all.

Ivan
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 11:09 am

These turned out really nice.
Back to top Go down
toast

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 9:23 pm

vwsandman wrote:

Finished size template:
Case Savers to be availble soon! P1060004

These will come with longer OEM style bolts as well as any spacers needed to install.

I have not worked out exact pricing, but will post that up when I have it nailed down. I should be able to send these any where that the US postal service delivers as well. Case Savers to be availble soon! 61865

Something to think about for the sprocket cover - with MX boots on I have my shift lever clocked about 30 degrees higher than yours (just below the middle of the arc in the case indentation). To upshift it obviously has to go considerably higher. Just looking at your template I wonder if you have enough clearance for the lever for people who ride in MX boots.
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 6:36 am

I ride with MX boots as well, but have not had to change my lever position, I will take this into account however. Thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
NorCalWR

NorCalWR

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 5:59 pm

Yeah I have my lever up about 30 degrees as well so I can get my toe under the lever to shift.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:54 pm

Nice work Sandman! thumb Will be awaiting pricing.
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 7:17 pm

Are these available yet?? Case Savers to be availble soon! Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 8:33 pm

Not available yet, I am working on the last round of the case savers, I am a bit of a perfectionist and the first two batches were more learning curve than anything. The final production units are going to be very nice indeed, I have gotten some better DOM thick wall tubing for the spacer part. I have some jigs machined up for assembly. I want these to be as nice as possible before any of you plunk down your hard earned cash for them. I have gotten some quotes on the aluminum guard which has been finaly, finalized to where I am happy with it, and they were pretty crazy...over $65 for each part, not very competive at those prices. As I said, I want to keep the whole thing under $50 shipped if I can. So that means you can get a sprocket cover with a built in real world case saver and mounting hardware for just a little bit more than the Zeta unit. Please be a little bit more patiient, I really am working hard at getting these shipped before the end of the year if I can. Thanks to all who have expressed interest. I will update when I get more solid info. I am very committed to selling these and have taken alot of time and money to make sure they are right.
Back to top Go down
photon phil

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Very nice. I can already see them on my bike. Case Savers to be availble soon! 379944
Back to top Go down
rpo83

rpo83

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 3:14 am

Hi Ivan,

I received your case saver today, very nice Case Savers to be availble soon! 61865

If i could make one suggestion, it would be to reduce the I.D of the tube. The supplied bolt heads almost squash inside the tube.

I hadn't noticed it in your photos, but after installing mine, i can see the same problem in the pictures you posted. If the guard is installed, obviously there are no problems, but for any users like me who don't want to use a guard, a thicker wall tube or larger bolt head would be a nice improvement. I have simply fitted a washer.

Otherwise, nice workmanship and cool design Case Savers to be availble soon! 805204

Thanks for the great service, and quick postage 1/2 way around the world Case Savers to be availble soon! 525406 Case Savers to be availble soon! 525406 Case Savers to be availble soon! 525406
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:08 pm

rpo83 wrote:
Hi Ivan,

I received your case saver today, very nice Case Savers to be availble soon! 61865

If i could make one suggestion, it would be to reduce the I.D of the tube. The supplied bolt heads almost squash inside the tube.

I hadn't noticed it in your photos, but after installing mine, i can see the same problem in the pictures you posted. If the guard is installed, obviously there are no problems, but for any users like me who don't want to use a guard, a thicker wall tube or larger bolt head would be a nice improvement. I have simply fitted a washer.

Otherwise, nice workmanship and cool design Case Savers to be availble soon! 805204

Thanks for the great service, and quick postage 1/2 way around the world Case Savers to be availble soon! 525406 Case Savers to be availble soon! 525406 Case Savers to be availble soon! 525406

Thanks for the feedback, I have since moved on to a better quality tubing, It is a .120 wall DOM tubing. Your unit was an early pre-production unit. I will be sending you a new one with the thicker tubing. I think you will find this to be a better piece all the way around. They also fit as tight as possible to the engine to alow the use of a 14T sprocket or bigger. Thanks again for your support and kind words, look for your new case guard in a few weeks.

I am still trying to finalize production of the sprocket cover. I have a good design, but getting these made is proving to be trying. they will be coming and as I said, really hope to have these ready to send out before the New Year. I am very happy with the final design of the case saver, and feel that is a great value and a quality part for what they will cost.

For those that have no interest in the cover, or just want to use the stock cover (which will be spaced out more to help with the mud removal) I can start sending these out, I have the first batch of the production case savers more or less finished and those that want the protection that this will give your engine can PM me for details.

Thanks again to all who have expressed interst.

Ivan
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:44 am

vwsandman wrote:

Thanks again to all who have expressed interst.

Ivan

i'm waiting for the saver with your cover!
Back to top Go down
photon phil

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 11:32 am

How about a progress report on you case save with your cover? Case Savers to be availble soon! 163123
Thanks
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Update!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 1:09 pm

Still trying to get the covers made! Case savers are ready to sell though. I am hoping to have a complete kit by mid January. I could have had a bunch made by now, but none of us would be able to afford them! I want them to be made well and affordable. Please be patient, I think it will be worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:39 am

waiting for the saver and cover together, will buy at that point.

thanks!
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Case Savers ready to ship!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:01 pm

Sandman Parts

Please check out our website for options and ordering links.

Thanks!
Ivan Sandoval
Sandman Parts
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Black covers with in a few weeks!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Folks,
I want to let you know that the second batch of case saver/guard kits are almost ready to ship and we hope to be able to sell you ones with a black powder coated cover as well. Please PM with any questions. I should be able to ship in a week or two for the regular cover kits, and maybe the same time for the black powder coated cover kits. I will post up more info when I get the sample back from the coaters.

They are $56 shipped for the plain, and I hope no more than $66 for the black powder coated ones...I can also offer polished covers, and brushed aluminum finish as well. I will post more pics and info up as soon as I can.

These have been a big hit over on ADV and I sold out of the first 24 in three days...
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Black Guards here now!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Case Savers to be availble soon! BlackPowdercoat

Black now available, no extra cost! PM or email for more info! The upper right guard is gloss black and was done as a sample, I hope to be able to offer a blue "anodize" powder coat finish as well and a titanium color. I will post pictures of those when they get done.

Thanks,
Ivan Sandoval
isandoval@wi.rr.com
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:22 pm

Ivan those look AWESOME!!! Case Savers to be availble soon! 61865

vwsandman

PostSubject: Thanks!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:07 pm

I want to add that anyone who is thinking about making some of those silver parts on the X match the frame (heatshield, brake lever, suspension dog bones, ect) that I can probably powder coat those for you if you ship them to me. We can work out the details on a case by case basis.

Ivan
Back to top Go down
superbee24

superbee24

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Got my black case saver/cover today. Had in on in about 5 min!

Great looking product, excellent packaging and even came with 2 candies ! Case Savers to be availble soon! 379944

GREAT JOB Sandman ! Case Savers to be availble soon! 61865
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Case Savers to be availble soon!   Case Savers to be availble soon! Empty

Back to top Go down

Case Savers to be availble soon!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next