Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Engine sound (video attached)

Go down 
+3
VW_Lee
Banky
morgan9283
7 posters
AuthorMessage
poilko

Engine sound (video attached) Empty
PostSubject: Engine sound (video attached)   Engine sound (video attached) EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 2:11 pm

Hey guys. Just bought a used WR250R with about 4800 miles on it. its the 2009 version......

but.... there is this noise that kept me up all night... its terrible

What is it like?: its a really high pitches terrible sound
Here it comes: every time the ENGINE is HOT

I was playing with my new friend "terrible sound" today.
it disappears when in throttle every now and then
BUT
it comes back as soon as the rpm goes up a little.
AND
it vanishes when RPM is high...... the f*ck?????

I could really us some help here. :(

Cheers

YOUTUBE
com/watch?v=eCrHg9UD01o

sorry turns out I cant post external links so far

Quote: New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

Might be related?????? https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t4395-engine-noise-please-listen

Last edited by poilko on Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: Engine sound (video attached)   Engine sound (video attached) EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 2:20 pm

poilko wrote:
Hey guys. Just bought a used WR250R with about 4800 miles on it. its the 2009 version......

but.... there is this noise that kept me up all night... its terrible

What is it like?: its a really high pitches terrible sound
Here it comes: every time the ENGINE is HOT

I was playing with my new friend "terrible sound" today.
it disappears when in throttle every now and then
BUT
it comes back as soon as the rpm goes up a little.
AND
it vanishes when RPM is high...... the f*ck?????

I could really us some help here. :(

Cheers

YOUTUBE
com/watch?v=eCrHg9UD01o

sorry turns out I cant post external links so far

Quote: New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCrHg9UD01o
Back to top Go down
poilko

PostSubject: Re: Engine sound (video attached)   Engine sound (video attached) EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 2:38 pm

Thanks Morgan! appreciate it

see two more. just click on my YouTube name. thanks
Back to top Go down
Banky

Banky

PostSubject: Re: Engine sound (video attached)   Engine sound (video attached) EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 3:21 pm

I have never heard that on ANY bike before, holy cow that sounds bad......
Back to top Go down
VW_Lee

VW_Lee

PostSubject: Re: Engine sound (video attached)   Engine sound (video attached) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 2:12 am

I agree that it does sound a lot like the water pump oil seal issue in the thread you linked to. I would be looking in that direction for sure.

Lee
Back to top Go down
poilko

PostSubject: Re: Engine sound (video attached)   Engine sound (video attached) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 7:00 am

Sounds like the fucking end of the world
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Engine sound (video attached)   Engine sound (video attached) EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 9:30 pm

Definitely a rotation noise. Sounds like bad bearing to me. Maybe Gostshift will chime in.
Back to top Go down
poilko

PostSubject: Re: Engine sound (video attached)   Engine sound (video attached) EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 6:12 am

I also noticed a loss of power just over Idle rpm -.-
Back to top Go down
chabon

chabon

PostSubject: Re: Engine sound (video attached)   Engine sound (video attached) EmptyThu May 05, 2016 10:10 pm

So the thread with the video, the guy on page 5 replaced the water pump oil seal and fixed problem. Says you can test this by pinching the water hose where it enters the pump and noise will go away.
Back to top Go down
Plebeian

Plebeian

PostSubject: Re: Engine sound (video attached)   Engine sound (video attached) EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 12:26 am

My bike (low miles 2008) has started making the noise. Definitely coming from the water pump/impeller area.

The guy on page 5 of the other thread may very well have found the problem and cure. But, there is something a little fishy about his description of it. For one thing the water pump oil seal is no where near the "clutch cover". Also, to remove this seal would be a pretty big deal. It sits under the water pump cover, between the impeller and the bearing. In order to remove the impeller and get at the seal, you have to start from the RIGHT side of the engine. Meaning, remove right case, and start from the right side of the pump assembly, working your way to the bearing and finally the seal. Maybe there is a language issue, but this certainly isn't a quick, simple fix. It appears from the manual that you can't just remove the impeller from the left side, under the water pump cover, and then pry out the seal.

I have an oil change coming up. My plan is to change out the coolant at the same time, taking a close look at both fluids. If they look good, I am going to refill and keep riding, hoping that the noise is the result of an air bubble or something similar to what the poster before the "cure guy" was thinking. His noise went away after a coolant check.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine sound (video attached)   Engine sound (video attached) Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine sound (video attached)
Page 1 of 1