Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

help on whistle-like sound

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tonka

help on whistle-like sound Empty
PostSubject: help on whistle-like sound   help on whistle-like sound EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:54 am

Hi guys...

I need some advice on my wr250r issue.
Recently I started getting a strange totally annoying whistle-like sound coming from the engine (I think). It vanishes when I release the throttle and is more evident when the engine is running on low revolutions (at least I can not hear it on high revolutions). Another thing is that it does not happen every time I run my bike and sometimes not from the beginning of a session. Other than that I did not notice any degrade on the performance.

Any ideas are mostly welcomed...the thing is driving me crazy.
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

PostSubject: Re: help on whistle-like sound   help on whistle-like sound EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:39 am

tonka wrote:
Hi guys...

I need some advice on my wr250r issue.
Recently I started getting a strange totally annoying whistle-like sound coming from the engine (I think). It vanishes when I release the throttle and is more evident when the engine is running on low revolutions (at least I can not hear it on high revolutions). Another thing is that it does not happen every time I run my bike and sometimes not from the beginning of a session. Other than that I did not notice any degrade on the performance.

Any ideas are mostly welcomed...the thing is driving me crazy.

Whistle can come from the air passing through the throttle body. It's usually more noticeable at small throttle openings, tends to go away at closed and wide open throttle. Have you opened the air filter box recently? Look inside to see if anything is out of place, foreign matter, mouse nest, etc. Make sure the access door fits tightly and that nothing is damaged or out of place under your seat by the air intake snorkel.
Back to top Go down
tonka

PostSubject: Re: help on whistle-like sound   help on whistle-like sound EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 5:03 am

Accually I did opened the air filter quite recently. I am gonna check it out. Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: help on whistle-like sound   help on whistle-like sound EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 6:34 am

Did you ever lube the chain? (Thumpertalk discussion)

Sarah
Back to top Go down
tonka

PostSubject: Re: help on whistle-like sound   help on whistle-like sound EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 7:05 am

I did not have the chance to ride my bike yet because I have it in the mountains where I am going next weak. I was planning to go yesterday but something came up ...
Hopefully the problem will go away with just lubing the chain but I am not sure about it cause I lube the chain regularly...I mean the last time the sound was on was 2 hours after I lubed it. On the other hand it was 2 hours after riding in dirt....I don't know...
I'm gonna be really happy (and stupid) if the problem goes away with just lubing the chain....

Anyways, I can't wait riding the trails next week!
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: help on whistle-like sound   help on whistle-like sound EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 7:41 am

Good luck, and let us know.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: help on whistle-like sound   help on whistle-like sound EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 11:22 pm

Does your bike wheely in 3rd and 4th gear?

If so it is your turbo that's whistling and it's normal
That chain squeek only happens on the 08's because of the rubber cushion, hopefully that's your problem
Back to top Go down
tonka

PostSubject: Re: help on whistle-like sound   help on whistle-like sound EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 6:15 am

Problem Solved!

I had the chain removed, thoroughly cleaned and lubed and the sound is gone.

I guess you can't have a descent chain cleaning unless you remove it...

Next time I have a problem I am going for the obvious solution and not thinking the worse possible...

Thank you all guys for your help and advice

ps: I want a bike that can beat this! It was waiting around the corner and then just vanished in the forest, accelerating ... vertically!
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: help on whistle-like sound   help on whistle-like sound EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:35 am

Ahh the old Ovis Glemini (like I know what that is)
There's room on this green earth for all of the wild creatures
Right beside the mashed potato's and gravy

Good news about the noise, lesson to learn is "The simplest most obvious conclusion is probably the correct one"
(Ochams razor)
Back to top Go down
tonka

PostSubject: Re: help on whistle-like sound   help on whistle-like sound EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 8:13 am

xaxaxaxa

Another think you couldn't care less is that here we call it 'Agrino' and it damages a lot of cars during its mating season... :)

Now you are complete!
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: help on whistle-like sound   help on whistle-like sound EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 12:24 am

I wanna see picture of that thing making love to a Toyota LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help on whistle-like sound   help on whistle-like sound Empty

Back to top Go down

help on whistle-like sound
Page 1 of 1