Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Foot on rear break - Ouch!

Go down 
+2
Fiftygrit
Jens Eskildsen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CanadianWR250

CanadianWR250

Foot on rear break - Ouch! Empty
PostSubject: Foot on rear break - Ouch!   Foot on rear break - Ouch! EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 3:51 pm

I just picked up a WR250X wings and I am having a tough time with my foot on the break pedal.
Am I alone or do others feel it too?
I always ride with my foot slightly placed on the rear breaks and it hurts my foot when I do this because my feet needs to be forcefully angled up in order not to hit the breaks.
Any thoughts on this?
How do you guys ride? or how do you overcome this?
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Foot on rear break - Ouch!   Foot on rear break - Ouch! EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 4:12 pm

Its adjustable Shog
Back to top Go down
CanadianWR250

CanadianWR250

PostSubject: Re: Foot on rear break - Ouch!   Foot on rear break - Ouch! EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 4:53 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
Its adjustable Shog
dddog Couldn't figure it out.
Is there any thread in here that you might be able to direct me to?
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Foot on rear break - Ouch!   Foot on rear break - Ouch! EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 6:06 pm

Its pretty simple to adjust, I did mine as I had the same problem, mine is adjusted as low as it will go, I need lots of room for my size 14 boots.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Foot on rear break - Ouch!   Foot on rear break - Ouch! EmptySun May 01, 2016 2:42 am

Hey man, just googled "wr250r adjust rear brake lever" for ya, heres a link, not to this forum tho' but I know its inhere aswell, this one just came up first:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/684574-wr250r-rear-brake-lever-to-high/
Back to top Go down
darngood1

darngood1

PostSubject: Re: Foot on rear break - Ouch!   Foot on rear break - Ouch! EmptyThu May 05, 2016 7:30 pm

MAN... thank's for raising this topic.  I have the same issue- stock lever position is really not useful- have to move my foot on and off each time causing longer reaction time and more front brake use than I'd like.

Ima get to 'justin that lever this weekend.
 good
Back to top Go down
ToddDubya

PostSubject: Re: Foot on rear break - Ouch!   Foot on rear break - Ouch! EmptyFri May 06, 2016 9:52 am

^^ Same here.

I'm brand new to motorcycles and just figured that's how they worked. If the weather ever clears up here I'll roll mine out into the driveway and lower that lever. I really didn't like the reaction time delay and how it caused me to step harder than I wanted to once I got my foot in position. I got much better, but it's still slower than it should be.

I imagine the shift lever has some adjustability as well. I'll poke around for how I can raise that up a little so it's not so hard to get my toes underneath it.

STOP RAINING! I'm jonesing to ride and it's just been 40s and wet here for what feels like a month.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Foot on rear break - Ouch!   Foot on rear break - Ouch! EmptyFri May 06, 2016 11:11 am

Yes shift lever is adjustable also, I raised mine so I could get my big foot under it to shift up.
Back to top Go down
Thekeeper

PostSubject: Re: Foot on rear break - Ouch!   Foot on rear break - Ouch! EmptySat May 21, 2016 4:05 am

You have already got the answer you were seeking but i had to clarify one thing.

When you ride and dont want to press the rear brake for example, on a highway or when accelerating, your foot should not be on the brake lever. Proper riding position is with the toes on both footpegs. When you need to brake then you move the foot over the brake. Same with shifting. Or elae, you may accidently brake or shift and it may cost your life...
Back to top Go down
CanadianWR250

CanadianWR250

PostSubject: Found it!   Foot on rear break - Ouch! EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 5:49 pm

For those of you who were on the same boat as me............... Look what I found!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foot on rear break - Ouch!   Foot on rear break - Ouch! Empty

Back to top Go down

Foot on rear break - Ouch!
Page 1 of 1