Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear break pedal replacement

Go down 
+3
thrashergrant
Harp
steven9586
7 posters
AuthorMessage
steven9586

Rear break pedal replacement Empty
PostSubject: Rear break pedal replacement   Rear break pedal replacement EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi Guys

Does anyone know if there is a aftermarket rear break pedal as I have bent mine and need a new one, but I hate giving Yamaha money as they charge stupid amounts for parts.

Regards

Steven
Back to top Go down
Harp

PostSubject: Rear brake pedal replacement   Rear break pedal replacement EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 12:46 am

I've missed my brake pedal more than once now. I find it too close to the engine at times. Looked all over for an after market pedal with no luck. Any success, please post. Cheers from NZ
Back to top Go down
thrashergrant

PostSubject: Re: Rear break pedal replacement   Rear break pedal replacement EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:19 pm

I am unfortunately in the same boat, except mine decided to go one step further and completely snap off. After the fair bit of unsuccessful researching I have done for a replacement, I am going to take a risk and purchase a pedal that fits an 07-13 Wr250f. I found a great looking Tusk brake pedal for just under $60 on ebay. Even if it doesn't work out, I'll be able to sleep easy knowing that there is not a cheaper alternative to the $102 OEM part(from motosport.com).

The pedal should be arriving in the next few days, I will keep you posted on the results.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Rear break pedal replacement   Rear break pedal replacement EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:59 pm

Warp9 & Hammerhead both make them.
Back to top Go down
thrashergrant

PostSubject: Re: Rear break pedal replacement   Rear break pedal replacement EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:40 pm

I couldn't come up with any results when I originally looked baldy

Any way you could post a the links? I'm still not finding anything specifically for the wr250x/r
Back to top Go down
Noobens

PostSubject: Re: Rear break pedal replacement   Rear break pedal replacement EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 2:50 pm

thrashergrant wrote:
I couldn't come up with any results when I originally looked baldy

Any way you could post a the links? I'm still not finding anything specifically for the wr250x/r

Can't find them either. Would be interested in getting a better lever though, for sure. I've missed the pedal on numerous occasions. That Warp9 pedal just looks great. Worth it on that alone.
Back to top Go down
thrashergrant

PostSubject: Re: Rear break pedal replacement   Rear break pedal replacement EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 9:29 pm

Meant to update this a while back:

I ended up purchasing a 2007-2013 WR250F Tusk brake lever from ebay for less than $60 with free shipping. I knew anything I chose would require some modification so I went ahead and bought something as similar as I could find. After some grinding and filing, I was able to get the lever where I wanted it. The largest issue I had was using the stock WR250x hardware(really the bolt that holds the pedal to the frame). The inner diameter of the hole in the brake lever was a couple millimeters larger than the outer diameter of my bolt. I needed some sort of sleeve to take up this unoccupied space so that my brake lever would feel snug and pivot properly. After a quick trip to Home Depot I came back to my project with a few various sized plastic bushings from the plumbing department. A little sanding here and there and a short while later, I had what I needed.

The last problem I ran into was the rear brake switch. The replacement brake lever didn't have a tab for the metal wire linkage to hook into. This was solved by simply bottoming out the switch adjuster and hooking the wire under the bottom edge of the lever(seen in the first photo). It's not glamorous, but it works.

The thing works as well if not better than the stock lever. I really enjoy feeling the extra grip on the peg and the blue finish looks sick.

Rear break pedal replacement Photo_13

Rear break pedal replacement Photo_12
Back to top Go down
stevep84

PostSubject: Re: Rear break pedal replacement   Rear break pedal replacement EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:21 am

Hi guys. Have any of you seen or used one of these DRC branded pedal off ebay? It looks almost identical to the Tusk one above.

DRC

I have checked the DRC website and couldn't see them anywhere. I'm wondering if they are legit or a knock off that won't fit properly.
Back to top Go down
stevep84

PostSubject: Re: Rear break pedal replacement   Rear break pedal replacement EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 6:25 am

stevep84 wrote:
Hi guys. Have any of you seen or used one of these DRC branded pedal off ebay? It looks almost identical to the Tusk one above.

DRC

I have checked the DRC website and couldn't see them anywhere. I'm wondering if they are legit or a knock off that won't fit properly.

No one has tried one?
Back to top Go down
beefcakemorris

beefcakemorris

PostSubject: Re: Rear break pedal replacement   Rear break pedal replacement EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:11 pm

I just ordered it from http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/.  Should be here in a week or so.  I contacted them and they said simply unbolt the stock one and rebolt the new one.

stevep84 wrote:
stevep84 wrote:

DRC

No one has tried one?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear break pedal replacement   Rear break pedal replacement Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear break pedal replacement
Page 1 of 1