Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Chain choices ..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
littleblue

Chain choices .. Empty
PostSubject: Chain choices ..   Chain choices .. EmptyTue May 03, 2016 8:08 am

The PO put a new RK 520 110 link chain on not long ago. The gearing was a 13/49. I just changed sprocket to 14/49 and the chain goes on but I cannot get it as loose as it needs to be (its very tight trying to get three fingers between the plastic and chain on top.)

I could either find a couple of links (any out there??, maybe in Oregon/Portland area) or leave the chain alone and replace it with a new 112.

What chains are you guys running?

Where do you get them?

How much do you spend?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
littleblue

Chain choices .. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain choices ..   Chain choices .. EmptyTue May 03, 2016 9:16 am

How about this one?? Too cheap??

[url=JT Sprockets JTC520X1R2120DL Steel 120-Link Heavy Duty X-Ring Drive Chain (520 X1R2)]JT Sprockets JTC520X1R2120DL Steel 120-Link Heavy Duty X-Ring Drive Chain (520 X1R2)[/url]
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

Chain choices .. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain choices ..   Chain choices .. EmptyTue May 03, 2016 10:24 am

I use did vx2 chains, search ebay for "did vx2 114"
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

Chain choices .. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain choices ..   Chain choices .. EmptyTue May 03, 2016 11:31 am

+1 for DID 520VX2 X-ring chain. I paid $75 on Amazon for my last one.
Back to top Go down
littleblue

Chain choices .. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain choices ..   Chain choices .. EmptyTue May 03, 2016 3:20 pm

I ended up picking up a ProTaper Gold PT520XRC chain for about $40 from a friend that bought the wrong one.
Back to top Go down

Chain choices .. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain choices ..   Chain choices .. EmptyTue May 03, 2016 11:44 pm

If the old chain is in good shape its no problem adding links. Just make sure the added links are cidentical... Some chains are slightly different. Best bet is take it into a shop, they might have short lengths laying around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chain choices .. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chain choices ..   Chain choices .. Empty

Back to top Go down

Chain choices ..
Page 1 of 1