Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

exup & ais removed.. resistor in servo motor plug, siren

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rydnseek

rydnseek

exup & ais removed.. resistor in servo motor plug, siren Empty
PostSubject: exup & ais removed.. resistor in servo motor plug, siren   exup & ais removed.. resistor in servo motor plug, siren EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:42 pm

I put on a pipe & header a couple of weeks ago, & took off the exup & motor when i did. But i hadn't gotten around to doing the resistor mod, since i couldn't find a 7.5k resistor in my junk box. But after my ride up past flagstaff this week, i stopped by radio shack. They didn't have any 7.5's, but they had 10's, so i bought the 5 pack for .99. While i was there, i picked up the radio shack 12v siren.

The exup removal is simple.. take everything off. Pull out the cables, take the motor off & unplug everything. The only problem is the CEL (check engine light) comes on when you do this. As has been described in much better detail on all the forums relating to the wr, i put a resistor between the white/red & black/red wires on the exup plug. I folded the resistor wires in half so they would stick in the plug holes better.

Before i plugged in the resistor, i plugged the exup back in, & turned on the key to clear the CEL. Then after turning the key off, i plugged the resistor in, then started it up to verify it worked, taped it up & stuffed it beside the battery compartment out of the way. Nothing to it.

Then i took off all the ais stuff.. I made a plate out of a piece of 3/16" aluminum i had around, drilled the holes for the bolts & put it over the ais hole by the exhaust outlet.. with the stock gasket. I unplugged all the related wires, tubing, etc, & put a rubber cap over the hole left in the air box. Also easy.

Then i pulled off the horn & bracket, & zip tied the little siren from radio shack right below the air scoop, next to where the ais stuff was. I crimped a couple of spade connectors to the wires on the siren, then plugged them into the stock plug for the horn... making sure the polarity is right. Nice, loud, simple horn.

High five has very nice detailed pictures for these procedures, except for the siren.. & i have some pics in my thumpertalk garage, if you want to check my work.

Simplifying & improving performance.. all easy to do.. what a great combination!

scotty
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: exup & ais removed.. resistor in servo motor plug, siren   exup & ais removed.. resistor in servo motor plug, siren EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:42 am

Like to see a pic of the siren, is it waterproof?

You need to access diag to clear the trouble code or it will remain in the memory for ever
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: exup & ais removed.. resistor in servo motor plug, siren   exup & ais removed.. resistor in servo motor plug, siren EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 10:26 am

Here's the siren from my tt garage: We'll see how it handles water.. i've not protected it much, wanting it to be out so it can be heard.

exup & ais removed.. resistor in servo motor plug, siren Garage
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: exup & ais removed.. resistor in servo motor plug, siren   exup & ais removed.. resistor in servo motor plug, siren EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:35 pm

I'd like to hear the siren.

I think I am going to get one of these. http://www.aerostich.com/review/product/list/id/247/
Some of the local sportbikers are very happy with these.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: exup & ais removed.. resistor in servo motor plug, siren   exup & ais removed.. resistor in servo motor plug, siren Empty

Back to top Go down

exup & ais removed.. resistor in servo motor plug, siren
Page 1 of 1