Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Clutch pushrod oil seal recall...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CRFan1

Clutch pushrod oil seal recall... Empty
PostSubject: Clutch pushrod oil seal recall...   Clutch pushrod oil seal recall... EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 9:15 am

Took my Non-leaking bike in for the clutch pushrod oil seal recall and everything went great.....until I got home and noticed it was leaking pretty bad. Ugh, back to the dealer next weekend..... dddog
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod oil seal recall...   Clutch pushrod oil seal recall... EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 8:46 pm

What recall? I never got a letter.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod oil seal recall...   Clutch pushrod oil seal recall... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 5:58 am

It doesnt affect all years
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod oil seal recall...   Clutch pushrod oil seal recall... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 11:12 am

Ok thanks I have a 2012
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod oil seal recall...   Clutch pushrod oil seal recall... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 3:32 pm

Yeah i should have left it alone, lol
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod oil seal recall...   Clutch pushrod oil seal recall... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
It doesnt affect all years

What years does it affect?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod oil seal recall...   Clutch pushrod oil seal recall... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 9:55 pm

From the news, August 1, 2013, to June 1, 2016 production dates. 2014-2016 model years. Mine's a 2015 built in late summer of 2014 and I got the notice and had it done a bit ago.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod oil seal recall...   Clutch pushrod oil seal recall... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 11:52 pm

That's interesting; usually reliability improves over the years, not the other way around.

Given that the bike has not changed since inception, is there any mention of what went wrong with those model years? Was it a change of oil seal supplier?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod oil seal recall...   Clutch pushrod oil seal recall... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 12:33 am

The recall said that it was due to an installation technique causing the issue. Looks like the seal could get cut during installation. Something they probably "improved" to speed things up that didn't work out.

Back to top Go down
milehirider

milehirider

PostSubject: Clutch pushrod seal   Clutch pushrod oil seal recall... EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 11:57 pm

So, CRFan, What happened when you went back to the dealer with the new seal leaking?
I ask because I've received a recall notice for my bike and I'm not sure what I want to do.
                                                                      Thanks!
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod oil seal recall...   Clutch pushrod oil seal recall... EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 12:24 pm

milehirider wrote:
So, CRFan, What happened when you went back to the dealer with the new seal leaking?
I ask because I've received a recall notice for my bike and I'm not sure what I want to do.
                                                                      Thanks!

They just ordered a new kit (a whole $1.55, hehe) and re did it. I watched the young mechanic and gave him some pointers this time and the second time around no leaks, lol. Just make sure you put the actuator arm back into the case Straight as it goes through the seal to avoid nicking it (and of course grease the lips).

All good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch pushrod oil seal recall...   Clutch pushrod oil seal recall... Empty

Back to top Go down

Clutch pushrod oil seal recall...
Page 1 of 1