Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Can I hurt anything with lower EJK fuel settings?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mferring

Can I hurt anything with lower EJK fuel settings? Empty
PostSubject: Can I hurt anything with lower EJK fuel settings?   Can I hurt anything with lower EJK fuel settings? EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 5:23 pm

So I have had my WR stock for 3 years and decided to do some power upgrades (especially after riding my friends KTM!). I have the ProCircuit T4, did the flapper mod and AIS removal. Gearing is 13-48.

Just did my first long ride today. Liked the extra power, little loud for my taste, but that comes with the territory I guess.

So just to experiment, I opted to reduce the cruise and accell settings a bit to improve fuel economy and see how it runs. After some trials, I have the first two settings now at 1.5. So my settings are 1.5, 1.5, .5, 8, 4, 4.

It seems to run really well. So my question to you fine learned folk is am I risking damage to my engine at settings like these? I recognize that these are all "adds" to the stock fuel map. But with the flapper mod and new exhaust, I may have leaned out the system enough that these settings might put me at risk?

I did call EJK and ask them the same question. They seemed to imply that I can't hurt anything since the controller only adds fuel. Also, I have seen some people say that our WRs have been run by plenty of people with airbox mods, AIS delete, and new exhaust with no controller at all.....with no known ill effects (That I know of!).

So, am I going to hurt the engine by doing this?

Many thanks for any comments to keep me from doing something stupid.
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

Can I hurt anything with lower EJK fuel settings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I hurt anything with lower EJK fuel settings?   Can I hurt anything with lower EJK fuel settings? EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 6:20 pm

You are fine......
Back to top Go down

Can I hurt anything with lower EJK fuel settings?
Page 1 of 1