Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Britannia Lynx R Fairing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ridepjride

Britannia Lynx R Fairing Empty
PostSubject: Britannia Lynx R Fairing   Britannia Lynx R Fairing EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 11:08 pm

My first WR had the earlier version Lynx fairing and was sold to my son, so I ordered the R version for the '13 I recently bought. Once it shipped I had it 4 days later...from BC to Northern California...not bad.
I went for the basic model, but there are several upgrade options for those looking for more.
Here's what was in the package:
Britannia Lynx R Fairing 58A73C2F-819A-4C2D-8CE5-086A7AC99DB6_zpsox1r3drk
Britannia Lynx R Fairing 6A709B2B-E6AB-4678-B10E-023E1CEE3E4F_zps7mqmzhth

Simple instructions, you can find them on the website here:

http://www.britanniacomposites.com/us/lynx-r-dual-sport-fairing-yamaha-wr250-rr/

Here's with it installed:
Britannia Lynx R Fairing F557AD39-3C72-495D-8734-95338B22DA2D_zpswvzdkldf
Britannia Lynx R Fairing BB5FA934-062C-4FB1-AA11-CAD05A468C31_zpseerapdch

I'm 6'2", 34" inseam and I prefer the shield in the lowest position. Everyone is different and there are lots of variables when it comes to windshield preferences, but that's what works best for me. My first Lynx started out on a 690 Enduro KTM that I rode to Colorado and back, then I switched bikes and transferred it to the WR. That's another benefit of these fairings, with some less expensive part swaps (dashboards, brackets, wiring) they can fit a variety of bikes.
Back to top Go down
drbike

PostSubject: Re: Britannia Lynx R Fairing   Britannia Lynx R Fairing EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 2:53 pm

These are a great piece of kit.

I installed one of these on an XT250 it fit great and worked really well. During one spirited afternoon the lady decided to push the wee bike as fast as it could go and she lost control and did a high speed fall. (High speed for the XT that is, maybe 110 kph.) Other than melting the adjustment knobs on the windshield part of the fairing and a couple of scratches and small cracks all was fine. Including the lady thankfully.

We opted for the standard lighting package and they are great, the colour is easy to spot in the bright sun and the output at night is superb. We did opt for the GPS mount that Ian offers and again it was fantastic. the design is simple but the functionality is spot on.

This is a good product for the money.
Back to top Go down
rrautens

PostSubject: Re: Britannia Lynx R Fairing   Britannia Lynx R Fairing EmptyMon May 15, 2017 9:39 pm

I have been debating getting one of these for a couple months. I think you both just sold me. How is it at higher speeds? Does it cause any instability with the steering?
Back to top Go down
Ridepjride

PostSubject: Re: Britannia Lynx R Fairing   Britannia Lynx R Fairing EmptyTue May 16, 2017 4:32 pm

rrautens wrote:
I have been debating getting one of these for a couple months.  I think you both just sold me.  How is it at higher speeds?  Does it cause any instability with the steering?

No noticeable negative effect on stability at highway speeds, but the noise from turbulence could be an issue for you. It is an increase over the clean air present with no fairing, but takes pressure off your torso. Everything has some level of compromise. Everyone has a different level of acceptance when it comes to windshields because of the many variables of helmets, ear sensitivity, body position (torso height, etc.). The variable height feature gives you a better chance of being happy.
Back to top Go down
drbike

PostSubject: Re: Britannia Lynx R Fairing   Britannia Lynx R Fairing EmptyWed May 17, 2017 12:41 am

I think that if it is anything like the fairing on the XT it might even make the ride more stable at speed.  The good thing about the adjustable windscreen is that you can adjust the height to compensate for the conditions, and your height.  Ian was really easy to work with and when he found out how tall Charlotte was he actually made up a shorter shield for her so that she did not constantly have to look through it.  He is able to tweak the system to suit the purchaser.  

I would say buy it, tell him we sent you :)  if you don't like it I will be glad to buy it off of you for a ridiculously low price just because I am that sort of guy wink

We use our Yamaha's for long distance travel and so we made good use of the dashboard.  The GPS mount is worth the money and really stable.  

[/urlBritannia Lynx R Fairing Img_2411
Back to top Go down
rrautens

PostSubject: Re: Britannia Lynx R Fairing   Britannia Lynx R Fairing EmptyFri May 19, 2017 9:29 am

Thanks! You all just cost me ~ $900 ;-)

Seriously though, thank you for the information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Britannia Lynx R Fairing   Britannia Lynx R Fairing Empty

Back to top Go down

Britannia Lynx R Fairing
Page 1 of 1