Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Britannia Composites Lynx on my WRR

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oxygenrace

New Britannia Composites Lynx on my WRR Empty
PostSubject: New Britannia Composites Lynx on my WRR   New Britannia Composites Lynx on my WRR EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:25 pm

I replaced my headlight with a britannia composites lynx fairing with hella lights yesterday. I also mounted the gps to the dash (garmin montana with rugged power mount). the whole process which included new indicators (LED DRC 602) took about 4 hours. I am please with the end result. I haven't ridden it yet but will repost once I have. I am still waiting for an eastern beaver switched circuit to complete the power connection for the gps (and heated grips later) but all the wires have been run.

bit of a rats nest of wires, but it all gets hidden. I certainly kept more that I needed but I wanted to be safe, maybe I'll clean it up later. i changed the flashers to DRC 602 LED lights. The fairing would get in the way of the original. the fairing could be trimmed but after installing the DRC edge tail kit I wanted to clean up the front and the LED's are brighter in my opinion. the fairing kit comes with brackets to move new flashers a bit lower so they don't get in the way. The only problem I found was the flashers only have a red and black wire while the stock had three (blue, black and brown/green). The stock lights were running lights (blue wire) and flashers (green/brown wire). The new flashers could only be setup as running OR flashers. I opted for flasher of course but it would have been nice to do both ... any solutions for this?

I moved the stock display and gps onto the dash. the stock bracket for the display has to be cut away from the frame because it is welded to the front end. It could be spot welded later if need be. Make sure you file the sharp edges after you cut it so no wires get cut. there is a hole for the key because the ignition would be really hard to move. i don't like the look of this but what can you do. at first i thought the hole was way to big (precut at factory), but it is in the perfect spot and size in order to get your fingers in to turn the key. If the hole wasn't predrilled i would have considered moving the ignition. there was just enough room for the garmin mount. I had contemplated getting a touratech locking mount but it is pretty big and slides up to release the unit which would not work with the dash space. the garmin rugged mount has the release on the side and the top only lifts a quarter inch. This approach is not secure but that's the concession I had to make.

here the front fairing is on. It doesn't come in yamaha blue. i was going go with black but i think the white with blue decal looks pretty sweet. I guess i just need an ADV decal now. the two hella headlamps have protective rubber pads on them which seem pretty good in case a stone hits them.

here all the wiring is working. here you can see the windshield on the highest position. I haven't had it on the road yet but I think the protection will be significant. Off road with the windshield down should be ok. Your view is obstructed a bit but not when standing.

final result

Back to top Go down
garbo91

garbo91

PostSubject: which fairing is that exactly?   New Britannia Composites Lynx on my WRR EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 11:24 pm

I understand and can tell from the photos that you purchased the Lynx and not the LYNX R, my question is when looking at the britannica website which bike did you choose to purchase the fairing for? There is no option on their website under the Lynx fairing for a WR250R, so which bubble on their order form did you fill in? I really like the look of the Lynx fairing over the Lynx R and i am looking for the closest fit for our awesome bike
Back to top Go down
YAMAHA11.10.1775

PostSubject: Re: New Britannia Composites Lynx on my WRR   New Britannia Composites Lynx on my WRR EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 4:48 pm

Thanks for the update and I gotta agree with Garbo
Back to top Go down
garbo91

garbo91

PostSubject: got in touch in Ian at britanica compasits   New Britannia Composites Lynx on my WRR EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 1:01 pm

so i emailed Ian asking him basically the same thing here is the response, i will post it on other Lynx threads as well

Hi,

I’m sorry that the original Lynx for the WR is discontinued now. It looks like any other Lynx model, but it was actually a different mold to fit the WR and when it got worn out we didn’t replace it because the orders had dried up when the R became available.

I know looks are an individual thing, but the Lynx R is a much better fairing all round and particularly on the WR where the original was a bit of a pain to fit. Actually, the original Lynx on all models will shortly discontinue as the sales have virtually stopped as we brought more Lynx R models into production these past few months.

Regards
Ian Banbury
Britannia Composites Ltd

The lynx R it is then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Britannia Composites Lynx on my WRR   New Britannia Composites Lynx on my WRR Empty

Back to top Go down

New Britannia Composites Lynx on my WRR
Page 1 of 1