Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Loss of power and hesitation at 1/4 throttle.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
desabrir

Loss of power and hesitation at 1/4 throttle. Empty
PostSubject: Loss of power and hesitation at 1/4 throttle.   Loss of power and hesitation at 1/4 throttle. EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 1:56 pm

I'm at riding today and everything was going great. Then after about 1.5 hours in, it starts to lose power every time you give it gas. It makes it almost unbearable to ride because there is no low end power and it's completely jerky.

I can barely ride it in the street. It seems to do fine at upper rpms, but getting there is half the battle it seems.

I wasn't paying attention and fueled it with 87 octane, but that shouldn't make too much of a difference. Could it be water in the fuel?

I added fuel treatment and 90 octane to see if it helps. I've been idling it at the ride park hoping to get going before I have to leave. So far, didn't help.

Here is a video of the problem it's worse under load.

Https:// youtu.be/g687UfAl_bE
Better video that shows full throttle.
https:// youtu.be/qCNXhdIX2aA
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Loss of power and hesitation at 1/4 throttle.   Loss of power and hesitation at 1/4 throttle. EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 3:24 pm

Could be a number of things.

Do you have a shop manual?  if not, get one.. the trouble shooting guide is a bit handy.

Is the airfilter clean?

Check your battery connections and make sure they are clean and tight.

87 octane should not have caused that - I have ran it a few times by accident on my bike and there were no concerns.

Check for a vacuum leak or loose hose.

Any mods on the bike?

How old is the battery?
Back to top Go down
xux0

PostSubject: Re: Loss of power and hesitation at 1/4 throttle.   Loss of power and hesitation at 1/4 throttle. EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 9:13 pm

Pending fix ... After literally eliminating every possible fuel issue, it can only be the fuel pressure regulator inside the factory pump assembly.

I never retested the fuel pressure after I put the new pump into the factory assembly and just moved onto the next problem. After eliminating everything the only thing left was the regulator and I feel like an idiot for assuming it wouldn't have gone bad on a 2012.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loss of power and hesitation at 1/4 throttle.   Loss of power and hesitation at 1/4 throttle. Empty

Back to top Go down

Loss of power and hesitation at 1/4 throttle.
Page 1 of 1