Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xux0

Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all. Empty
PostSubject: Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all.   Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all. EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Hola guys,

I'm new here, but sadly i'm here because I don't know what to do.

I've had my bike since Feb. It's a 2012 and Ive only got 500ish miles. I started having problems when riding on the trail with a friend. It started to run like shit suddenly, so I rode back to the vehicle. I thought i had bad gas or something. replaced the fuel and still the same issue. I replaced the filter. no go. I replaced the fuel pump and got a new IMS tank. NOTHING. I'm at my wits end. my next maneuver is to replace the spark plug. The issue is that it will only start if I lock the steering take the key out. then put the key back in and start it.

I initially had an issue with the harness being too short, so I soldered in wires to lengthen the kill switch harness. I tested continuity and the switch with no issues. Thought I had the original problem fixed.

The only thing I can think of it being is the injector or spark plug at this point. I have a new plug, but I wanted to post this first.

Other things:

I had the tilt sensor error and code 30. there aren't any active codes in the system now.

Yoshi pipe, exup system removed (done prior to owning it along with exhaust), LED turn signals front and back, yoshi tail eliminator, bark busters, no toil filter, IMS tank, new quantum high flow fuel pump.

WTF baldy ... any help or idea ... going back to the spark plug.

thnx GAHHHH

Edit: New spark plug. Still the same. I'm going to get an injector cleaner and see if that needs to be cleaned.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all.   Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all. EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 7:18 pm

Explain the harness too short part, please.
Back to top Go down
xux0

PostSubject: Re: Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all.   Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all. EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Some people have reported that the harness for the kill switch is too short after changing bars or raising, etc. What happens is that the wires pull in the harness and it becomes disconnected. For me, it was anytime I fully turned the bars and locked it to the left. It would kill the bike.

Figured out it was the kill switch. So I lengthened the wires by 4cm. No kill switch issue after that.
Back to top Go down
on2wheels52

PostSubject: Re: Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all.   Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all. EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 10:10 pm

I would suspect the fault lies in your switch repair. Can you come up with an OE switch and harness to check?
Back to top Go down
xux0

PostSubject: Re: Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all.   Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all. EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 9:10 pm

Pending fix ... After literally eliminating every possible fuel issue, it can only be the fuel pressure regulator inside the factory pump assembly. Borrowed my buddy's wr so I could pull the tank and plug it into my bike. It ran like it never had an issue.

I never retested the fuel pressure after I put the new pump in and just moved onto the next problem. After eliminating everything the only thing left was the regulator and I feel like an idiot for assuming it wouldn't have gone bad on a 2012.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all.   Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all. Empty

Back to top Go down

Started running like crap ... now can't ride at all.
Page 1 of 1