Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Engine light on help with error codes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jack805

Engine light on help with error codes Empty
PostSubject: Engine light on help with error codes   Engine light on help with error codes EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 2:28 pm

HI all! I noticed my bike's engine light was on while riding. Runs fine. I did the diagnosis thing  by pressing 1 and reset buttons on the console. I found that I had an error code 30. I think it is a tilt sensor thing. the memory said I have 2 errors.  I tried to  reset the code. I cannot erase the error codes. I can't see the other code. I there an algorithm I can follow ? Should I run the bike again to see if they re post to the bikes memory?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Engine light on help with error codes   Engine light on help with error codes EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 6:53 am

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Engine light on help with error codes   Engine light on help with error codes EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 1:39 am

You need to flip the killswitch to erase the codes.
Back to top Go down
jack805

PostSubject: Re: Engine light on help with error codes   Engine light on help with error codes EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Ok so my bike has no exup servo. It has an aftermarket fmf exhaust and a megabomb on the header. I have been riding her for about 500 miles since I got her and had no engine light on or error code 17 . When I flip the kill switch the error code does not erase. I am now looking for where the servo used to be so maybe I can check if there was an electric bypass or maybe a plug that does the same. Need help finding out where the plug is or was.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Engine light on help with error codes   Engine light on help with error codes EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Back to top Go down
jack805

PostSubject: Re: Engine light on help with error codes   Engine light on help with error codes EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 5:44 pm

Awesome! thanks! Now I need to figure out why the bike ran so long without cel coming on . There is no plug attached to the servo plug, like an exup eliminator, Just a bare yellow plug. I don't mind buying an exup eliminator plug but would like to make darn sure that it will surely do the trick. The 17 error code indicates an open circuit or a short. How would I go about checking for an open or short circuit. I have an ohm meter but don't know how to check the yellow plug. Any help greatly appreciated!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Engine light on help with error codes   Engine light on help with error codes EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 3:57 am

This thread describes how you can eliminate the EXUP CEL with just one resistor connected to the plug: https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t627-cheapest-diy-servo-bypass
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine light on help with error codes   Engine light on help with error codes Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine light on help with error codes
Page 1 of 1