Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

true gains of ECU Timing Advance vs Fuel Programmer Only

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NewbieWRR

true gains of ECU Timing Advance vs Fuel Programmer Only Empty
PostSubject: true gains of ECU Timing Advance vs Fuel Programmer Only   true gains of ECU Timing Advance vs Fuel Programmer Only EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 12:04 am

Hello Guys.

Just purchased my 1st WRR and already bought a Q4 and Wiseco Fuel Programmer (new but cheap).

I have a lot of jetting experience so I can dial in the "offbrand" Wiseco I feel without too much trouble.  However I am thinking about returning it and buying a PC5 Programmer so I can gain the performance gains of advanced timing, etc (ECU programming), not available with a standard "electronic jet kit" type fuel only programmer.  Sooo, I would like to know what are the HP and Torque gains by also advancing the timing and performing a full "tune", vs adding fuel only.  ANYONE????

Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: true gains of ECU Timing Advance vs Fuel Programmer Only   true gains of ECU Timing Advance vs Fuel Programmer Only EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 11:50 am

Not much...

I went with the PC5 and some dyno runs with an open exhaust box and free flowing exhaust... picked up about 1.5 to maybe 2hp... and in the process managed to gut out what little low end the bike had and drop my fuel economy by 10%.

I think this all comes down to how you ride the bike. For some this extra HP maybe worth it for me it definitely was not.

You can throw a lot of money at this motor to make more HP but come the end of the day it just isn't worth the investment when considering that you can go out and pick up a used KTM for just about the some money you will throw at the motor (big bore and stroker kit).

Now on the plus side the WRR is my go to bike whenever some one comes up with an impromptu trail ride. I will generally take my WRR over my KTM or even my Beta before that because the thing is just so gosh darn reliable and it works for me.

Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: true gains of ECU Timing Advance vs Fuel Programmer Only   true gains of ECU Timing Advance vs Fuel Programmer Only EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 12:38 pm

If you like to tinker it might be worth it for you just to give you more stuff to play around with. However, as noted above, your realized performance advantage is probably next to nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: true gains of ECU Timing Advance vs Fuel Programmer Only   true gains of ECU Timing Advance vs Fuel Programmer Only Empty

Back to top Go down

true gains of ECU Timing Advance vs Fuel Programmer Only
Page 1 of 1