Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member from Port Macquarie Australia

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Seniorlan

New member from Port Macquarie Australia  Empty
PostSubject: New member from Port Macquarie Australia    New member from Port Macquarie Australia  EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 8:28 pm

G'day all,

Just bought a used 2015 WR250R to ride the dirt roads to the west of Port Macquarie. I have a few other bikes - a 1966 Triumph Thunderbird, 1986 Yamaha SRX600, 2000 Triumph Tiger GT and a 1980 Kawasaki Z1R Mk2 that's in pieces - an ongoing project. I found the Tiger a bit of a handful on dirt (I'm getting on a bit), hence the WR purchase.

However, when I investigated a fork seal leak on the WR I found that the upper fork leg had been dented on the bottom, right where the oil and dust seals are housed. I am assuming that this cannot be repaired. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! The cost of a replacement here in Aust is $950AU from Yamaha, and approx $750 from CMS. I'm not a happy camper!

I'm currently perusing Ebay, Gumtree and Marketplace for second hand ones without success so far. Would anyone have a used one that they would be prepared to sell me?

Thanks,
Lance

Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: New member from Port Macquarie Australia    New member from Port Macquarie Australia  EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 3:30 am

Seniorlan wrote:
However, when I investigated a fork seal leak on the WR I found that the upper fork leg had been dented on the bottom, right where the oil and dust seals are housed. I am assuming that this cannot be repaired. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

It all depends on how severe that dent is. Is oil leaking due to the dent, i.e. you wouldn't be able to replace the oil seal because of the dent? Can you take a picture and post it here?
Back to top Go down
Seniorlan

PostSubject: Re: New member from Port Macquarie Australia    New member from Port Macquarie Australia  EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 3:59 am

Definitely couldn't' replace an oil seal. I managed to move the dust seal so I could use a Seal Doctor to clean out the oil seal but then could not get it back in. Also, I couldnt get the blade of the seal doctor past the oil seal corresponding with the dented part. So I reckon it's stuffed. I'm going away for a week or so and can post a picture when I get back.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: New member from Port Macquarie Australia    New member from Port Macquarie Australia  EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 4:59 am

If it's so dented that you can't replace the oil seal, then you will have to replace the outer tube; it is available from Rocky Mountain for $633.

There are a few available on eBay too starting at $350.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from Port Macquarie Australia    New member from Port Macquarie Australia  Empty

Back to top Go down

New member from Port Macquarie Australia
Page 1 of 1