Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Where to install Powerlet outlet?

Go down 
+2
gkasper
hydrogen12
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hydrogen12

Where to install Powerlet outlet? Empty
PostSubject: Where to install Powerlet outlet?   Where to install Powerlet outlet? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Greetings all
I'm going to install a Powerlet outlet to power my Zumo and maybe heated gear. I'd appreciate any suggestions on where to put it. 
Back to top Go down
gkasper

PostSubject: Re: Where to install Powerlet outlet?   Where to install Powerlet outlet? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:26 am

I put mine here

Where to install Powerlet outlet? 566748147_h5Bmx-O

Where to install Powerlet outlet? 758213348_bDFyq-XL
Back to top Go down
slolane

slolane

PostSubject: Re: Where to install Powerlet outlet?   Where to install Powerlet outlet? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:57 pm

Nice, clean install!
Back to top Go down
hydrogen12

PostSubject: Re: Where to install Powerlet outlet?   Where to install Powerlet outlet? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Thanks for that. A very nice, out-of-the-way location.
Is that the regular Powerlet Socket PSO-001? The manufacturer's site says that socket needs about 3" (7.5 cm) rear clearance. Did you have any problem securing that clearance.

thanks
Back to top Go down
gkasper

PostSubject: Re: Where to install Powerlet outlet?   Where to install Powerlet outlet? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:20 pm

yeah its just the standard powerlet outlet, take a look behind your light, there is all kinds of room available there.
Back to top Go down
hydrogen12

PostSubject: Re: Where to install Powerlet outlet?   Where to install Powerlet outlet? EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:59 am

Glad to hear that. Thanks again. thumb
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Where to install Powerlet outlet?   Where to install Powerlet outlet? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 1:18 am

Nice location. Did you make the bracket yourself or can you buy it in a "kit"?
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Where to install Powerlet outlet?   Where to install Powerlet outlet? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 10:48 am

HWDB Top Clamp
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Where to install Powerlet outlet?   Where to install Powerlet outlet? EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 12:01 pm

What's that going to tell me? Suspect
Back to top Go down
SteveO

SteveO

PostSubject: Re: Where to install Powerlet outlet?   Where to install Powerlet outlet? EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Yeah, I was going to suggest the HDB (HighWayDirtBike) Top Clamp as well.

Where to install Powerlet outlet? TC_002

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=top_clamps

Paul is great to work with and makes very high quality parts.

Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Where to install Powerlet outlet?   Where to install Powerlet outlet? EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Pretty cool, thx. Anyone have our bolt pattern in mind?
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Where to install Powerlet outlet?   Where to install Powerlet outlet? EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Just tell Paul that its for a wr250r. I think its 44mm. You can have two powerlets or one powerlet and a cut out for a Hi-off-Low rocker switch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to install Powerlet outlet?   Where to install Powerlet outlet? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to install Powerlet outlet?
Page 1 of 1