Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
slolane

slolane

Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket Empty
PostSubject: Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket   Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:29 am

Hi, I did a search and see that at least a couple here use Powerlet sockets and I had some questions, hopefully you can help.

I just ordered the Powerlet Socket Kit - 48" Harness (PKT-042-48) & Cigarette Socket Panel Mount Kit 48" (AKT-001-48). I intend to use the powerlet socket for heated gear and the cigg socket to power my gps, charging my phone, ipod, etc. So mostly either or (which I believe is fine) but would like to know if I could use both simultaneously without issue.

I'm not sure what type of power draw the WR250X can handle or what load heated gear and/or gps, cell phone OR ipod charging put on the system. I just know that I do not want to overload it. If anyone can please help me figure out how to measure, how to look up or if you know just tell me the draw/max items I could/should be able to connect I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
James

Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket 61865
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket   Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Well...I run my grips, my seat, and my vest off mine. The output of the juice box is awesome for this little bike. Has more than my 600 did! Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket 640571

slolane

PostSubject: Re: Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket   Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 1:39 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Well...I run my grips, my seat, and my vest off mine. The output of the juice box is awesome for this little bike. Has more than my 600 did! Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket 640571

Nice! That's good news, thanks for sharing. I'm guessing the grips/seat are hard wired... how do you plug in the vest? Where did you mount the vest connector (if you have a mount for it)? I'm thinking I'm going to mount both up near the headlight/bars like gkasper did in this post.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket   Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 1:52 pm

The grips, seat, and aux power supply are hardwired, fused and relayed. The seat I can unplug because it had to be in order to remove the seat for whatever reasons. My vest I plug into a 2 pin auxiliary outlet that I can also run any 12V accessory from, which I have situated just above the seat on the left side coming out of the shroud.
Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket IMG_1290

slolane

PostSubject: Re: Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket   Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:28 pm

Nice, thanks SheWolf!!
Back to top Go down
griffin738

griffin738

PostSubject: consider getting a simple volt meter   Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 3:56 pm

I had / have similar power-availability questions about my WR, not so much related to powerlet products, but to how much juice my bike will offer without draining the battery.

Knowing that I have some great technically-minded folks in a local club I belong to, I posted to that club's forum and got some great advice. See the thread HERE

One of my take-aways was to get myself a volt meter so I can know when I've got juice to spare or when I need to power some things down. There are differnt types of volt meters (some with numerical displays are not as weatherproof as you might like without modification). I went with a single LED light that gives a steady green when all is well and yellow or red when the bettery is being robbed. I went with the one discussed in the middle of THIS PAGE
Back to top Go down
slolane

slolane

PostSubject: Re: Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket   Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:54 pm

Thanks griffin738, I read that post and will most likely go the route you did so I can monitor it too. Again, thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket   Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket Empty

Back to top Go down

Powerlet Socket AND Powerlet Cigarette Socket
Page 1 of 1