Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Billet Cargo Rack Available

Go down 
+96
Klymax
wwguy
dicklane625
ToddDubya
kabulpostie
Leo167
manybikes
fijiman
speersie
voicecraft
MjrD
Jäger
sehah
twinrider
DWK
vodka
Wanderer
wjfawb0
PortlandWRider
nsrider
vnp514
jawn
TheCycle
AZNoob
Drifter Dave
f3joel
Lord Hornka
nolowatt
rsteiger
hyperboarder
raymondhenson
lineguy
dirtjunkie
bluzharp
rideblue
WR25RY
Wrex250
yamaMOTOyama
aw113sgte
nozzle
mordicai
Rusty Shovel
Crabbuckle
miniceptor86
Nine Ways
TinyL
jec
808BMW
sswrx
Opie
Sewcrates
StreetGhost
sikwilly
wristpin
Nanabijou
TrailDust&SaddleLthr
Rockmantex
Camdlux
xaman
Corndogs
Mr. Fisherman
oldmansurfing
Pokey
Alan Case
bracky72
derverla
paknet
nwbase
JustWannaRide
mcwbyu82
Brianr4
Monkeynuts
Blackdog
motocrossmann
zag300zx
Arkmage
croc
bmwrider1946
Curbhopper
Me2
WRXR
IAmABug
Gany
jkstehn
sturgeon
GsVs
jason meacham
lenzhotrod
Coop
craigq
gatorfan
PYG RYDR
yaw
motokid
Chrispy1200
Jnscaggs
100 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  Empty
PostSubject: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:37 pm

I have replaced the original first post with this one. An accurate description of what are now the final products.

The Slim Rack
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  Photo_15
The Big Rack
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  411

These Racks made from high strength aluminum alloy 6061 are functional and stylish.
Both Racks are now RotoPax compatible and the Big Rack is also Givi Monokey compatible. The Big rack has the same dimensions in relation to placement to the seat and is the same overall length, the width is about 2 inches wider overall and the slots have been enlarged from .25x1.25" to .313x1.5" approximately. The RotoPax placement is also in the same correlation to the 4 main mounting bolts on both racks.
I would like to thank everyone who has given me input this product and also for keeping me very busy. (I can't seem to make these fast enough!)
I will continue to make these until sales dries up, so if you are reading this post 6 months from now still feel free to contact me.
As of 04-2012 Prices are
Slim Rack Kit - $120 + $10 Shipping Domestic +$25 for International

Big Rack Kit- $160 + $10 Shipping Domestic +$25 for International

Both kits include 4 Spacers .50 x 1.630" / 6 Stainless Steel M6x1.0 x 60mm (2 can be used for Rotopax mounting) / 4 Stainless Steel M6 locknuts (for use with aftermarket tailight kits)

To order PM jnscaggs or go to eBay and search for WR250R or WR250X Billet cargo rack

The duration of this thread includes many more pictures and thoughts throughout the final design process.

Thanks Everybody

Last edited by Jnscaggs on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : resolving innaccuracies)
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:03 pm

Easily the best looking rack for the WR I've seen yet. thumb

Might actually be overbuilt. Is that 5/8" ? You could easily get away away with 1/2" .
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Thanks I am glad someone else likes the design, the current offerings from other manufacturers is what pushed me to come up with one that looks as good as it is functional
And it is 1/2 in actually but it looks beefy! [img][/img]IU
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:36 pm

GOD DAMN......gorgeous.

bow bow bow bow

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
yaw

PostSubject: look great   New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:52 pm

What is the rack made of and how much does it weigh? Looks like a really well executed product. Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:21 pm

The rack is made from aluminum alloy 6061 t-6, it weighs 1 lb. thanks for the compliments!
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:50 am

Beautiful!!! thumb bow
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:30 am

Very nice looking but must say I would have put some "slots" at the perimeter for straps.
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:57 am

Yes I did consider doing that, however I figured a strap could go around the perimeter just as easily rather than designate slots just for that purpose. Thanks for the input, if someone preferred that I could machine slots between every other pair of holes. I would be willing to that for no extra charge.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Jnscaggs wrote:
Yes I did consider doing that, however I figured a strap could go around the perimeter just as easily rather than designate slots just for that purpose. Thanks for the input, if someone preferred that I could machine slots between every other pair of holes. I would be willing to that for no extra charge.

Sounds very fair. If I did not already have a nice rack (no jokes please) I would be getting yours. Nice work.
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:23 pm

PYG RYDR wrote:
Beautiful!!! thumb bow

+1 That detail work for the tuning-fork looks droooool
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:36 am

Awesome work, wish I wasn't broke right now.
Back to top Go down
lenzhotrod

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Too bad I just bought a Pro Moto rack. dddog I think I like the looks of this one a little more.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:21 am

when I do finally get around to buying a rack ,,this is the one i want,,,,,right now tires are more important
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:09 am

If you guys keep buying these I'll keep making them so don't worry about this product dissapearing off the face of the earth any time soon and like every custom part I've made over the years I stand behind my work on these 100% so if there are any problems let me know and I'll take care of it. Also I've added some new pictures to the ebay listing so I might as well put them on here as well. Thanks guys!

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  Wr_rac10

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  Wr_rac11
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: Art !   New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:55 pm

thumb Thats a "Work of Art" thumb

.... but like gater said - slots for straps would be a nice !!

Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:51 pm

GsVs wrote:
thumb Thats a "Work of Art" thumb

.... but like gater said - slots for straps would be a nice !!

+1. Needs strap slots along the the edges.
Back to top Go down
jkstehn

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:20 pm

love to see the slot version as well. Please!! Very happy
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:27 pm

You guys are starting to make me think I need to just design a new rack around the slots idea. I think I am going to do so, I will post some pictures when I get one made! Stay tuned I am going to do this ASAP
Back to top Go down
jkstehn

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Your original idea of putting in a slot instead of every other hole sounded like a good one to me. I think it would look sharp, especially if your bevel the slot edges like the rest of the rack.

It is a work of art as it is, I am hoping the slots could enhance function without taking away the WOW!!!
Back to top Go down
Gany

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:27 am

How about compatible with rotopax mounts as well?
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Ok guys I have modified a rack with the strap slots and am looking for some feedback. I personally think I like it better than the previous version with holes only so thanks for the suggestions fellas! I am tempted to go ahead and change all the remaining racks to look like this instead.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  Photo10

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  Photo110
Back to top Go down
jkstehn

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Beauuuuuuuutiful! thumb

I will take one please.

PM sent
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:58 pm

I dig the slots. Makes it look less busy somehow. Good work bud. I assume you have a CNC at your hands. Work or home. I am a machinist as well and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a little milling center in my garage. Would end in divorce probably though. Hehe
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:11 am

Gany wrote:
How about compatible with rotopax mounts as well?
+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  Empty

Back to top Go down

New Billet Cargo Rack Available
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next