Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF pipe with EXUP servo still installed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
texxter

texxter

FMF pipe with EXUP servo still installed Empty
PostSubject: FMF pipe with EXUP servo still installed   FMF pipe with EXUP servo still installed EmptyMon May 27, 2024 5:59 pm

Hello. I own a 2013 with an FMF pipe, but the previous owner didn't add a fuel controller.  The AIS system seems intact, and so is the airbox flopper.  I noticed that the EXUP is also installed (?) but diag 53 doesn't turn it on.  It could be unplugged.  Is the EXUP mechanism with the two cables just sitting on the FMF pipe?  Without doing more investigation I can't quite tell what is going, but the EXUP controller for sure doesn't move the cables.  Here are a few pictures, I would appreciate guesses.  I am going to do more research as part of my uncorking the bike, but I wanted to share my unusal EXUP setup.  BTW, the engine warning light is not on.

FMF pipe with EXUP servo still installed 20240510

FMF pipe with EXUP servo still installed 20240511

FMF pipe with EXUP servo still installed 20240512
Back to top Go down
johnkol

FMF pipe with EXUP servo still installed Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMF pipe with EXUP servo still installed   FMF pipe with EXUP servo still installed EmptyMon May 27, 2024 9:58 pm

texxter wrote:
It could be unplugged.  Is the EXUP mechanism with the two cables just sitting on the FMF pipe?

Both these things are very easy to check.

FWIW, the EXUP mechanism is attached to the muffler, not the pipe, so if you have an FMF muffler the EXUP cannot be connected to it.
Back to top Go down

FMF pipe with EXUP servo still installed
Page 1 of 1