Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

EXUP detachment from stock pipe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
srileo

EXUP detachment from stock pipe Empty
PostSubject: EXUP detachment from stock pipe   EXUP detachment from stock pipe EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 1:02 am

Hello all,
I bought my WRR with FMF Q4 already installed and want to go back to stock to keep the peace. I recently bought a stock muffler for $50. I don't mind the extra weight of the stock pipe and I understand I will lose some power. I don't have a CEL on the dash, so I am guessing the PO unplugged the servo the correct way. I don't want to deal with re-installing the EXUP again.

Can you guys tell me how to best remove the exup from the stock exhaust?

Also, will the loss of the EXUP be noticeable in moderate everyday riding? cry
EXUP detachment from stock pipe IMAG0786-M" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: EXUP detachment from stock pipe   EXUP detachment from stock pipe EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 4:44 am

Myself, I'd just remove the cables and install the muffler since the EXUP valve (it's really just a butterfly valve that blocks the exhaust pipe when it is operated by those cables) is normally in the open position.

Supposedly, you lose a bit of low-end torque without the EXUP operating, but the bike will still run.

Did you really feel the Q4 was that loud?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: EXUP detachment from stock pipe   EXUP detachment from stock pipe EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:07 am

I actually reinstalled my EXUP when I put my bike back to stock.

Most of the time it remains open but at low throttle movement at low engine RPM it closes a bit to provide a little more torque. I have found this to be very nice when I am putting around in a tight section of trail.

The hardest part I had when putting it back on was trying to route the cables.

If you really want to remove it then just remove the cables from the exhaust. There is a spring on the valve that will keep it in the open position. If you don't trust the pin, use some safety wire were the cables mount to keep the valve open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXUP detachment from stock pipe   EXUP detachment from stock pipe Empty

Back to top Go down

EXUP detachment from stock pipe
Page 1 of 1