Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mtb

mtb

SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE Empty
PostSubject: SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE   SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 2:00 am

I found this while surfing wink

SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE Dsh290

Found at http://japanautopress.chicappa.jp/moto-mart/new-products/dsh290
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE   SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 8:30 am

Cool! Can you read Japanese? Do they have blue hose and do they ship to the States?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE   SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 10:35 am

Colors come in blue and red.
Price is 12,600 yen = $135.00 USD
3 Pieces total

4 layer silicon material, fiber injected via high vacuum pressure expansion. Withstands contraction, durability and heat resistance (- 40℃~+160℃) even at high load limits. Expansion contraction of the hose is held down, actualizing the cooling water flow which is stabilized, maintaining original engine efficiency. Formed to the original design of the stock hose assembly.

**I couldn't find anything in there about shipping, sorry...** dunno

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE   SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 am

I will get to that asap.... because I am interested too...

stay tuned wink
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE   SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 10:57 am

SheWolf wrote:
Colors come in blue and red.
Price is 12,600 yen = $135.00 USD
3 Pieces total

4 layer silicon material, fiber injected via high vacuum pressure expansion. Withstands contraction, durability and heat resistance (- 40℃~+160℃) even at high load limits. Expansion contraction of the hose is held down, actualizing the cooling water flow which is stabilized, maintaining original engine efficiency. Formed to the original design of the stock hose assembly.

**I couldn't find anything in there about shipping, sorry...** dunno

Thanks for the translation. I doubt they ship to the US though. How come Japan gets all the cool Yamaha stuff and we only get a few things available here? But I guess Harley riders over there feel the same way about getting the cool stuff from us too. Very happy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE   SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 11:28 am

More than likely. Because the bikes are built there, there's a higher degree of getting aftermarket parts for them. Still sucks for us, though.

mtb

PostSubject: Re: SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE   SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 9:43 pm

OK... a little update on this mod

Looks like it's no-go from the Japan side.... I have not gotten any reply from them yet...

However, I talked to Richard Murphy from Samco, and here is his reply:

Quote :

Hi Gary, We do not have a kit for the 2008 model
but if you can send us your original hoses I am sure we can match them up to
other yamaha models we have. Are you able to send ??

So now... who is from the UK? Perhaps the most direct way to get the hoses is to let them see and measure the bike on the spot...

Their Website

And the address:

Quote :
Unit 16, Orchard Road
Royston, Hertfordshire
SG8 5HA, UK.
Back to top Go down
Bob

PostSubject: Re: SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE   SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 3:38 pm

the top hose in the pic (bottom hose on the bike) is very soft and tears easily. so i went to the auto store and got a spring to cover it for some strength. the stock hose is not the same size at both ends so i bought 5/8 inch coolant hose and 5/8 inch spring cover. i had to modify (shorten) the spring to get it to fit. its a spring designed to stop the hose from kinking at a bend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE   SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE Empty

Back to top Go down

SILICONE RADIATOR HOSE
Page 1 of 1