Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days...

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
David Haynes
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David Haynes

David Haynes

What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... Empty
PostSubject: What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days...   What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Anyone got a favorite aftermarket saddle for the WR250R? I expect to be logging some long days from time to time, so wanna get something a bit more comfy and less dental floss-like than the stock seat.

I see Corbin has a saddle. Anybody else do aftermarket for our little blue bikes?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days...   What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 10:54 pm

Wheeling Cycle has a step seat too that seems to get good reviews. Some ppl use sheepskin over the seat and find that fairly comfy; I've still got my stock seat and haven't had too much trouble doing longer stints on it.

David Haynes

PostSubject: I only got my 2010 last Saturday...   What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:37 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Wheeling Cycle has a step seat too that seems to get good reviews. Some ppl use sheepskin over the seat and find that fairly comfy; I've still got my stock seat and haven't had too much trouble doing longer stints on it.

And since the weather has only allowed a brief 30-mile jaunt, so maybe I'm writing off the stock seat too early. Even at that short distance I was feeling uncomfortable, but maybe it partially because I've still got some tailbone soreness from the wreck that totaled my other bike in January.

Guess I'll do a 150 or 200 miler before I decide to ditch the stocker.

Still, I'd like to hear from someone with the Wheeling Cycle seat. At $139 it's cheaper than a replacement stock seat! Hmmm! Is this the seat?What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... A7r%40qwyh0ngAABYdbsMAAAAL-68046
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days...   What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:48 pm

Yep, that's the one! It's great for ppl who want to get better foot placement on the ground, yet doesn't sacrifice the comfort. I know there's at least one or two ppl on here who have that seat. From what I've heard elsewhere, it's gaining some popularity. What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... 61865 Renazco also makes a seat, but it's not a step seat and quite a few ppl have opted for that one as well.

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days...   What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 2:18 am

Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days...   What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:10 pm

Stock seat plus an alaskan leather sheepskin seat cover (dual sport deluxe model), I'm good for 450+ miles on mine with that. Riding more helps too, the seat takes a good 2000-3000 miles to really break in.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days...   What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:50 am

David Haynes wrote:
Anyone got a favorite aftermarket saddle for the WR250R? I expect to be logging some long days from time to time, so wanna get something a bit more comfy and less dental floss-like than the stock seat.

I see Corbin has a saddle. Anybody else do aftermarket for our little blue bikes?
I recomend a corbin seat. it looks better,is more comfortable,and gives me a lowered seat height.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days...   What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:14 am

BPG's would be the cheapest route, if you don't like how your stock seat feels, and you can do it yourself.

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days...   What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Here's my seat mod..
http://ridethoughts.blogspot.com/2010/02/motorcycle-seats-quest-for-posterior.html

I have it over a step seat. I use the step seat as is for day rides.. so far.. but on longer rides i rig up my seat cover.

I've been thinking of tweaking the step seat some.. maybe widen & flatten it out some more in the back. The forward part is fine.. just slide forward & cornering is much easier. I just wanted something for those long rides on fire roads or pavement.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days...   What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:57 pm

Scotty! Great to have you back! What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... 379944

PostSubject: Re: What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days...   What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days... Empty

Back to top Go down

What aftermarket seat for 300+ mile days...
Page 1 of 1